Author Topic: Mince Meat Curry  (Read 101302 times)

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
    • Thermomix Tarif Defterim
Re: Mince Meat Curry
« Reply #120 on: June 25, 2010, 10:15:00 am »
Chutney chicken recipe - 2 chicken breasts, 2 tblspns chutney, 2 tblspns french mustard, 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese Mix the mustard with the chutney and cover the chicken breasts.  Place the breasts in a baking dish lined with baking paper, cover with the grated cheese and bake 15-20 minutes at 180o.  This recipe is from 4 Ingredients but has been around long before those books were published - an oldie but a goldie.   I only use 1 tablespoon of mustard and chutney when I make it.
 :-* :-* :-*                      

I would like to try this JD  ;)
You don't use any salt or EVO at all?  ???

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 25, 2010, 11:41:41 am »
I often use salt after the meal is cooked, not before farfallina.  So many things already have salt in them that I prefer to wait and see.  You can use EVO if you like but when this recipe first came to notice many years ago, I never even bought EVO.  It is only since I have matured that I have started using it.  Over there you would use EVO a lot more than we do here and in this recipe, where would you use it? Do your own thing farfallina, just go with your own judgement.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
    • Thermomix Tarif Defterim
« Reply #122 on: June 25, 2010, 11:18:13 pm »

I made it JD! Chicken with chutney sauce!
It is incredibly delicious!  :o :o :o
 I did as you described
thank you so much for this wonderful recipe!  :-* :-* :-*

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 26, 2010, 02:02:35 am »
Introduce farfallina to chutney and away she goes :D :D :D :D  Good on your farfallina, that looks lovely - glad you enjoyed something different with your jar of chutney.  Seems like it was well worth the effort of making it.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 24, 2010, 11:26:06 am »
thanks JD love this recipe
always a hit...have made this recipe several times in the past couple of months and everyone always loves it..even the french and they arent big fans of spice!

also will put it in a notebook im preparing for my parents who will soon have their own thermie and so im putting together a few recipes ive tried and have found so easy for them!

still so many great recipes to discover..somehow i think it will be a while before i get around to translating my own haha !
 :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 24, 2010, 12:39:44 pm »
Thanks Frozzie, fancy that.  French people enjoying my recipe - I can hardly believe that  :o :o  Great idea with the recipe folder for your parents - get them off on the right foot with tried and true recipes and before long they will be branching out and converting their own favourite recipes.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 24, 2010, 02:48:30 pm »
haha yeah fancy that but as good as french food is (when prepared properly) its very traditional and regionally loyal so dishes get old quick for those of us who have the opportunity to eat them often except of course the patisseries...seriously heaven!  So when you cook something different or with a bit of spice they generally love it as long as its not too hot!  They generally assume its Australian cuisine but I guess in a sense most of the dishes are considering the mix of cultures that create they type of dishes that aussies cook???

anyway im glad it put a smile on your face JD!! 

I never thought i would love a machine as much as i do my thermie and even hubby is happy as im cooking even more than i used to and so much variety!  Its all good!
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline missgrunge

• Miss Grunge from Perth
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 22, 2010, 02:04:53 pm »
JudyDawn,
I made this for my first dinner meal in my TMX as a newbie.  It was so easy, quick, nutritious and tasty.  I had been a bit slow to get my mince out of the freezer and simply made good use of the time it took to defrost to cook my first-ever batch of rice in the TMX!  Then I did the vegie part and by the time I was up to adding the meat it had defrosted fully.  I used Branston pickle for the fruit chutney and the finished curry was delish!  I told my son the meal was called "Meat-o-rama" as I don't believe 'Mince Meat Curry' does it justice, and I didn't want to put him off with thoughts of hot spicy curries.  He LOVED it!  Well done and thank you for the recipe.  Meat-o-rama has a secure place in our home now  ;)
Best,
Miss G.
Mother of 11 year old son and wife of the bread-maker operator

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 22, 2010, 10:45:12 pm »
Thanks missgrunge, such a high compliment for such a simple, basic recipe.  In my early days of owning the TMX there were so few meat dishes to choose from that I came up with this one - how times have changed, look at all the main meal recipes we have nowadays. The recipe did make it into the MOTM cookbook but was credited to Judy Edwards, consultant from WA and not customer from SA :-)) :-))  I now prefer the stock to be reduced to 200mls though for a thicker curry.

Offline nix

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 07, 2011, 05:05:44 am »
Made this today but didn't have sokme ingredients so ad-libbed - it tastes great.  I used chopped dried apricots instead of chutney and added garam masala and chilli flakes for some heat. Also added pumpkin.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 07, 2011, 08:37:55 am »
Glad you enjoyed it nix - a versatile recipe that you can throw anything into.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #131 on: February 08, 2011, 11:24:07 am »
yum, This is a hit. Made this tonight. Very quick and easy and everyone loved it. My 4 year old asked if I could make it again in the thermomixer thing. lol. Thanks for sharing this.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 25, 2011, 09:50:55 pm »
I made this for my family last night and it was a big hit - even with suddenly fussy DD1.  It has been requested by all that it gets added as a regular family meal from now on.

I didn't have curry paste to hand, so I just put in various spices I would put in a curry.  And the only chutney I could find at that precise moment was mango chutney, so I used that.  My other chutneys came out from their hiding place the next day, but I'm a bit afraid to use anything but mango in future, in case I have to face the Wrath Of The Family  :o

Thanks so much for sharing - this is now a family favourite.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 25, 2011, 11:48:44 pm »
Glad you & your family enjoyed it Caroline.  I'd stick with the same ingredients you used this time if it was that popular, mango chutney or any chutney is fine.  How's the block going? - I was only talking about it with DH yesterday.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 11:58:25 pm by judydawn »

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 26, 2011, 07:01:59 pm »
Glad you & your family enjoyed it Caroline.  I'd stick with the same ingredients you used this time if it was that popular, mango chutney or any chutney is fine.  How's the block going? - I was only talking about it with DH yesterday.

Do you mean the mental block, Judy?
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!