Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8928161 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #1485 on: September 08, 2009, 03:44:52 am »
It should definitely have the warnings.  :'( :'( :'( I think I'll end up looking like a TMX. Head at the top and then out at an angle from there to the floor. Cookie1-the triangular TMX owner.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline ~Narelle~

• View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: September 08, 2009, 05:49:00 am »
Today I have made a double batch of icecream.  For tea, making chicken stew and masShed potatoes. 

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: September 08, 2009, 01:49:36 pm »
Tonight we had chicken marylands, roast potatoes and carrots done in the weber and steamed vegies and gravy made in the TMX. Also threw in a few yorkshire puddings I had in the freezer which didn't cook properly when I first made them but they came up a treat this time. Worth doing a batch to keep in the freezer as they are much better than those from the frozen food section at the supermarket.  Also made chicken laksa at DD's place earlier in the day.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #1488 on: September 08, 2009, 03:06:11 pm »
Great to see you taking up the laksa challenge - recipe looks good.  :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline mama_bel

• View Profile
    • Home Cooked
« Reply #1489 on: September 10, 2009, 11:42:25 am »
Thermomixer, I'm not sure where the coconut recipe came from but Quirky has another for me to try which she says gives more.  The one I used didn't create much for the volume of ingredients used, that's all.

I've been doing butter (1200g lots of cream).  Then this morning stewed apples (recipe in EDC, doubled).  Then some coleslaw (yum).

So many things I'm hanging out to try in the TMX.
Bel
Growing, cooking, learning, working at home...
So why am I always in the car?

http://belcooks.blogspot.com/

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: September 10, 2009, 01:17:09 pm »
Well today I made my experimental icecream LOL and the pasta with Tuna from the EDC and chocolate custard
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: September 10, 2009, 01:35:45 pm »
TMX had a bit of a workout today with bread, batch of cookies from a roll of frozen dough, Amanda's brownies for the freezer for emergencies, lamb in red wine sauce (used some sauce I had in the freezer, sauteed the diced lamb and just added the sauce), a tweaked version of creamy spinach from the UK EDC.  I am slowly getting through my freezer stock.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: September 11, 2009, 10:40:05 am »
Tonight for tea I thawed out some thin chicken breast steaks and some leftover ballotine filling, filled the basket with baby potatoes, carrots and broccoli, put some chinese cabbage on the Varoma tray whilst the chicken ballotines were steaming below in the varoma dish.  Thawed out some left over chicken gravy and there you go - another easy dinner.  The fillets worked fine Thermomixer - first time I used skinless thigh fillets as suggested in your recipe but the fillets were definitely easier to work with.
I will removed the salt content from the ballotine filling recipe when next I make it as it is a bit salty for us.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #1493 on: September 11, 2009, 03:55:07 pm »
Thanks for giving it a go - great to see people using the Varoma - but you have always been a trailblazer  :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: September 12, 2009, 01:33:03 am »
Never been called that before Thermomixer, thanks for the compliment  :-* :-*  I didn't use the varoma for ages after I got my machine but just love it when you can do a meal using all the bits of the machine and it comes together at the same time.  For those who haven't used their Varoma yet, give it a go. I think the first thing I ever did in it was a meal posted by karenleigh on her blog which was 'fast leftover roast chicken and 3 veg' which worked so well I then started looking at other steaming meals. Now, I rarely use the stove top at all. I realise there wouldn't be any left-over chicken with families but for 2 people, it is a great idea.
I tried to put her blog up but obviously it has been removed.  If anyone wants the details on how to cook the above meal, I could post it. It's a quick meal indeed.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 01:36:16 am by judydawn »

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #1495 on: September 12, 2009, 02:08:56 am »
it's on the thermomix magic blog judy, posted by me i'd say
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: September 12, 2009, 02:13:04 am »
Yes, I finally worked that out Karen.  Couldn't find karenleigh amongst our members  anymore though.

Offline Daisygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: September 12, 2009, 05:38:33 am »
Had the demo last night and so this morning I tackled Orange and Carrot juice (yes, started off with little baby steps). 

Then I made porridge and was brave enough to add banana and strawberry in the final few minutes and change the process from Stir to setting 1 on 37° so that it would cut up the fruit (well, to me that seemed brave... LOL)

Tomorrow I'm going to progress to Hummus and Beetroot salad and might even make a soup. 

regards
Daisygirl

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: September 12, 2009, 06:17:22 am »
Atta girl Daisygirl.  It was brave of you to digress from the recipe - I agree wholeheartedly.  It is pretty scary to start with but you are going well, keep it up.  Little steps will turn into big steps in no time. Lovely to hear how you are going.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: September 12, 2009, 08:54:59 am »
I've just made Gert's Strawberry Icecream. have pizza bases rising and must go and do some cookies as the barrel is empty again. I have just realised after reading your post Judy that my hotplate doesn't get used much anymore either. I've become much braver using the varoma and always do the vegies in it. When we have the TMX get together with 3 machines going hopefully I'll see more varoma ideas. I am seriously thinking of steaming a suet pudding in it tonight for sweets. If it can be done in a saucepan I don't see why I can't do it in the VAroma.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/