Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6080291 times)

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #7110 on: February 16, 2013, 08:27:06 pm »
Sounds a lovely way to spend a leisurely Sunday, mcmich!

After a very busy day yesterday (nothing exciting - just shopping, errands, etc etc) today is a little light housework followed by a leisurely catchup on some paperwork for school . .  :-))  (but it will be leisurely!! ;D )

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7111 on: February 16, 2013, 08:32:23 pm »
Sounds a lovely way to spend a leisurely Sunday, mcmich!

After a very busy day yesterday (nothing exciting - just shopping, errands, etc etc) today is a little light housework followed by a leisurely catchup on some paperwork for school . .  :-))  (but it will be leisurely!! ;D )
Did the rain stop yesterday GF and did you get your shopping done ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline goldfish

• View Profile
« Reply #7112 on: February 16, 2013, 08:36:05 pm »
Yes, CC - it actually turned into a lovely day, even if a little too humid - but that's February for you.  Shopping done, too, all before noon (a first for me . . ;D ;D) which was good as I had a lot to do during the afternoon. :D

mcmich

« Reply #7113 on: February 16, 2013, 08:44:26 pm »
You should come up and have lunch with us GF. Swansea is only an hour away. Looks like another lovely day too.  :)

Offline goldfish

• View Profile
« Reply #7114 on: February 16, 2013, 08:49:07 pm »
Tempting, mcmich!! ;D ;D  I'll certainly be there in spirit!! 8)

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #7115 on: February 16, 2013, 09:06:54 pm »
Well done mcmich.  There is Amy's answer. 'just in case'. LOL! and back up

I am now thinking  do I need so much 'back up'. I am not a just in case person as the just in cases just sit and no case to use it but back up????

DH moaned about baked beans on schinkenbrot. what could be tastier or better for you?

Wait until he gets the Spam and eggs.

Gert

Sorry to reply to such an old post, but what is schinkenbrot please?  Is it really ham bread???

By the way, these really old posts are inspiring me to go and sort out/use up the stuff in my cupboards :-)
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline goldfish

• View Profile
« Reply #7116 on: February 16, 2013, 09:10:24 pm »

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #7117 on: February 17, 2013, 06:14:15 am »
I must be mad - got home just before 1am this morning after great night out with friends, kids at grandma's so I should have had a sleep in... But I still got up at 7.15! Wanted to get some stuff done before it got too hot. Did some washing, started some bread, took dog for a walk, tackled some overgrown bushes in the garden ready for green waste collection on Tuesday, started cheese & bacon rolls, all before kids arrived home at 11am! My inlaws ended up staying for a while as my FIL wanted to fix my garden gate for me, what a dear he is 😘. Just been pottering the rest of the day, mostly light housework.
Melbourne, inner north

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7118 on: February 17, 2013, 06:41:06 am »
I hope you really enjoyed your night out deedub - you are lucky to have your in-laws helping out where they can.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #7119 on: February 17, 2013, 06:59:33 am »
Holy moly deedub, what on earth gave you that much energy :o :D

Offline goldfish

• View Profile
« Reply #7120 on: February 17, 2013, 07:07:02 am »
I must be mad - got home just before 1am this morning after great night out with friends, kids at grandma's so I should have had a sleep in... But I still got up at 7.15! Wanted to get some stuff done before it got too hot. Did some washing, started some bread, took dog for a walk, tackled some overgrown bushes in the garden ready for green waste collection on Tuesday, started cheese & bacon rolls, all before kids arrived home at 11am! My inlaws ended up staying for a while as my FIL wanted to fix my garden gate for me, what a dear he is 😘. Just been pottering the rest of the day, mostly light housework.

Crikey deedub, what were you eating/drinking last night?  I'll have what she's having . . .!! ;D

mcmich

« Reply #7121 on: February 17, 2013, 07:26:04 am »
Well obviously a night out with friends agrees with you dee.  :D

What I thought was going to be a leisurely lunch watching the bridge open for the boats was a bit of a distraction on DH's part. We did have a lovely lunch, the water was perfect. After lunch we went to just "look" at cars. DH has always wanted a PT cruiser, he has spotted one he likes but we had to wade through Honda CR7's (which I love) to get to a private sale PT cruiser that DH really wanted in the first place.

My thought? - have what you want and want what you have, if you can afford it then do it. Looks like DH has a PT cruiser  :D

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #7122 on: February 17, 2013, 08:27:54 am »
DH and I have a lovely drive out to York which is about 100km east of Perth, had a lovely lunch in one of the old pubs there, and a wonder down the Main Street, we were both to full for an ice cream at the lolly shop. Next time.
Tomorrow I pick my new car up, excited plus.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #7123 on: February 17, 2013, 12:08:37 pm »
York is lovely Jen but its years since we have been there.

We had a lovely day at Kings Park with all the family. Mum had a great time and was very spoilt.
My niece is a champion Scottish highland dancer and she and her friend danced for mum in costume which was lovely.
They attracted quite a crowd of onlookers. We just got home an hour ago and snacking on the leftovers.
We had so much food as everyone contributed. Johnro's fudge was nibbled on all afternoon and loved by all.
Think my SIL is very interested in a TMX now as she was very interested in what I had cooked in it and was telling my brother how amazing the TMX is  :D

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #7124 on: February 17, 2013, 12:22:10 pm »
glad you,your mum and family had a lovely day mf,  did the rain miss you?