Author Topic: Quick Dinners in the TMX by Alyce Alexandra  (Read 13003 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Quick Dinners in the TMX by Alyce Alexandra
« on: December 10, 2015, 04:49:12 am »
This book will be available from Monday 14/12/15, see the contents list here.

Listings will be added to this topic by one of the Moderators by way of a link to your review.

Fresh Lemon and Pea Risotto page 80
Mexican Beef Stew Page 83
Peanut Chicken Noodles Pge 101
Pumpkin Prawn Laksa Pg 85
Spicy Beef Salad Page 32
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 09:47:26 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline blackwood

• View Profile
Re: Quick Dinners in the TMX by Alyce Alexandra
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 11:39:02 am »
Hi! This is on my long list of cookbooks that I want to buy! Has anyone here already got it already?

I'm tossing up between a few books (Tenina's vegetarian cookbook as well as a few other Vegetarian ones I've seen....my daughter wants to become a vegetarian...so I'm meeting (excuse the pun lol! ;D) her halfway and having a few vegetarian meals a week and a few meaty ones too)

Any reviews would be marvellous! 

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 07:31:19 pm »
I didn't realise Alyce had this book out - has anyone got it?  Would I be right in thinking the bulk of the recipes are meat based? 

Aileen Sforcina has a book out called Rainbow Recipes which is vegan and has some delicious meals in it which are also fairly quick to make (she gives directions for TMX and conventional cooking methods).  I also love the Revive Cafe series of books and have rarely had a failure with any of these recipes (Revive Cafe is in Auckland, NZ so if you are interested, just google them).

Soup is always a great option (when the season is right!).  I also love the non fried fried rice recipe on Recipe Community - it makes heaps and (depending upon whether you use white or brown rice) it is also very quick and uses your whole TMX - bowl and varoma - just miss out anything that you don't like and add things that you do like!

I am a vegetarian and always on the lookout for good quick meals so will be interested in seeing what comes up on this thread. 
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 10:16:34 pm »
This book was only released in mid December so it's not surprising there have not been any reviews yet.  There's a link to the contents in the first posting Marina and there seems to be a mix of vegetarian and meat based meals.  I don't know anyone who has purchased it yet.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 11:07:50 pm »
I have bought it but have only had a brief look so far (I have received new 8 cookbooks of late), in my very brief look I think I am really going to like it. I also received Teninas  vegetarian book and have had a little look. I don't think I've looked at either of them enough to accurately tell you which one I like better.
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline blackwood

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 02:44:46 pm »
Thanks for your replies everyone! Cuilidh do you like the Rainbow Recipes book? (would meat-loving friends/family like the meals?)
I've been ill since Christmas day (darn Tonsillitis) so I need something to cheer me up! A new cookbook always works! I'll have a good look at the index of each and I might have to just give myself a get well soon gift!  ;D

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 09:57:16 pm »
Thanks for the link, Judy, I missed it when I first read this thread.

Blackwood, I find, if you don't tell people they are getting a vegetarian meal they neither miss the meat nor do they realise that they are eating a vegetarian meal.  Rainbow Recipes is very good, but if you are catering to mixed tastes perhaps any of the Revive Cafe books would be better to start with.  Also, check out the vegetarian recipes on the forum, loads of inspiration there.

One really good recipe which I do a lot is Quirky Jo's Chicken and Cashews with coconut satay sauce and coconut rice, and her Paprika Chicken with Paprika Sauce (sub tofu for the chicken in both of these recipes).  These are both easy as they are "all in one" meals so you are using your jug, basket and varoma.  I have found that it is essential to be organised, veges chopped, etc. and to have everything ready to go before starting.

Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2015, 12:01:46 am »
We're not vegetarian by any means but I find that I make at least 2 meals a week without meat, fish or chicken. Usually it is more. Initially DH asked where the meat was but he doesn't bother anymore.
There are so many delicious meals out there using other sources of protein.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline spersephone

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2015, 12:30:45 am »
My husband feels cheated if he's not given meat, but I manage vegetarian meals here and there.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 12:32:11 am »
I see this is now available as an eBook for $13.99.  :)

Offline spersephone

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 06:56:38 am »
It's a good one? I might get it.