Author Topic: URGENT need help finding something  (Read 7956 times)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
Re: URGENT need help finding something
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 10:20:33 pm »
very sweet post marina...thankyou...Im quite artistic and usually a perfectionist but just not 'there' at hte moment...a bit of time and things should all get back to normal..and one thing...you shouldnt say you could never do anything....I have found often its more about confidence and a little time than about talent...you should maybe give it a go but something simple to start and bigger...i was maybe a little too confident in thinking I could do mini hello kitty heads on all the cupcakes lol....(insert wrong answer buzzer sound lol)...like in anything if you dont laugh you will cry!
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 02:18:27 am »
I reckon my DH would have a blast knocking things like this out (well I nominate him to as he is now the official cake decorator in this house lol)

You did really well Kim all things considered. And it is always a learning curve when it comes to kids parties. The time pressure we seem to put ourselves under  :-)) :-))
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline passionflower

• View Profile
    • My Many Passions
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 07:22:12 pm »
Frozzie next time do them in royal icing, far easier to make although you do have to make them a day ahead and let dry overnight. You use royal icing for the outline and then flood the motifs using a slightly looser mixture. Once dry they can be picked up with a flat palette knife and add to the cake.
However I think they still turned out ok and I bet the kids loved them.
Visit my papercrafting blog
http://www.monicas-passions.blogspot.com

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2011, 07:54:29 pm »
thanks faffa and monica...you guys really are too nice!

monica thanks for the tip i will use royal icing next time to try out but do it the day before...might do some for christmas and school..they will have an autumn cake stall soon (feels like winter yet alone autumn....and I have heard from the oldies that its going to be a very hard winter :(( ) better go and 'invest' in some more winter woolies lol  :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2011, 07:59:04 pm »
.and I have heard from the oldies that its going to be a very hard winter :(( )
Why do they think you're going to have a hard winter Frozzie?
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.