Author Topic: HELP!!!!  (Read 8861 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: HELP!!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2012, 10:25:15 am »
Merlin, I totally hear you. My kids are 7 & 8 .  people think they are twins.

i have had 6 kids here all day since 8am.. (what fun) :o :o

it was..

We keep the kitchen, lounge area clean, lego in the corner, decks can get hosed down once a week, vaccum / mop every week.  Bathrooms are cleaned.
As long as the dishes are done, I am ok.

My kids fold the clothes, and put theirs all away. It doesn't take long to pick up toys and put back in their rooms.

My washing machine goes from 6am.  Ironing takes 30 minutes per week. my kids love money, star charts not so much..
They also like to ride their motorbikes, if the folding is done..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: HELP!!!!
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 12:04:23 pm »
Just be there for the children Merlin (don't we all want our Mums when we are sick) - house cleaning is not a priority at times like this.  The older you get the more you realise this  ;)  I do hope the children recover quickly for all your sakes.

My DD said the other day that if she ever won the lottery she would have 2 house cleaners for 3 hours twice a week, she currently has a husband/wife team for 3 hours once a fortnight.  The house looks brilliant just after they leave but by evening it looks like a bomb has hit it again. The more toys the kids have the more mess that will be around - you can stress over it or just go with the flow.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.