Author Topic: Arroz blanco (White rice)  (Read 3993 times)

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
Arroz blanco (White rice)
« on: April 28, 2012, 05:32:52 pm »
Name of Recipe:  Arroz blanco (White rice) – not tested

Serves:  6

Ingredients: 
50g extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic (optional)
800g water
Salt, to taste
350g rice [I presume they are referring to Spanish rice such as Valencia, Bomba, Calasparra etc]

Preparation: 
Put the oil, water and salt into the  *: and insert the internal steaming basket 7 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 1, to boil the water.
Pour the rice through the hole in the lid 13 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 4 (move the rice about using the spatula from time to time).
When the time is up, check that the rice is cooked to your taste and if not, program for a further 2 minutes at the same temperature and speed.
Immediately remove the basket with the rice, tip it into a wide dish and leave until it has lost a little heat.

Tips/Hints:  If you want the rice with a garlic sofrito, put 3 cloves of garlic and the oil into the bowl 3 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 4.  Then follow the recipe according to the instructions above.

Origin:  This is a translation of a recipe in Thermomix TM31 – Imprescindible para tu cocina which is the book supplied with Spanish TMXs.

Rosemary from Bournemouth formerly Gloucestershire

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
Re: Arroz blanco (White rice)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 08:38:38 pm »
this recipe is good you must try it JB. i have been making brons Steamed Garlic Rice for a while now and its a family favourite

for reviews check here http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=655.90
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
Re: Arroz blanco (White rice)
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 10:42:20 am »
Thanks Uni.  I believe I did spot the recipe some time ago, but never got around to making it.  Now bookmarked  ;D

JB
Rosemary from Bournemouth formerly Gloucestershire