Author Topic: Peach Sangria (very alcoholic)  (Read 6217 times)

Offline bron

• View Profile
Peach Sangria (very alcoholic)
« on: May 09, 2009, 06:44:16 pm »
Have found this recipe, not tried it yet..please be my guest, sounds lovely

Peach Sangria
Serves 6-8
2 litre jug

Ingredients
4 lemons
2 oranges
a tin of peaches
1 litre red wine
half MC brandy
half MC cointreau
20g brown sugar
Ice

Preparation
Wash all the oranges and lemons.  Cut one orange and one lemon in slices into a big jug.
Place remaining orange and 3 lemons in THX, no peel or pips with a few cubes of ice and the syrup from the tin of peaches. Turbo for 2 seconds, and using the basket strain liquid into the big jug. Slice the peaches thinly and place in big jug too.
Add remaining ingredients into THX, sugar, wine, brandy, cointreau and blend speed 3, for 1 minute. Pour into large jug and add more ice, stirring with a wooden spoon and chill in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours.
Amanda

Spain

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Peach Sangria (very alcoholic)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 01:17:31 am »
Sounds good to me, I love Sangria.  Made a batch for a mexican dinner party I had for the 9 neighbours once.  How big is the can of peaches - we have 2 sizes here in Australia.  Now all I need to do is find 6-8 people to join me ;D ;D - not an easy task with so many of our friends not drinkers these days.  I find it is usually only women in our circle who will try these sorts of things. Will try it one day but maybe 1/4 of the recipe - just for me ::) ::) ::)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 03:11:39 pm »
It says the smaller tin, but have found another recipe in a THX book, which will post later, may be easier to do just a half jug and then have a nice siesta ;) ;) ;)
Amanda

Spain

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 12:27:44 am »
It says the smaller tin, but have found another recipe in a THX book, which will post later, may be easier to do just a half jug and then have a nice siesta ;) ;) ;)

Is that half a jug for JD?  Sounds good - then you won't have to worry about recaling what you did for the day - just sleep and worry about everything maņana. 

Recipe sounds good too - could water it down with equal amounts of soda water or fizzy mineral water?
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 09:58:30 am »
Yes the other recipe I have is with soda, have saved it on my drive, but am at work now and my drive at home! Will post it over the weekend, as it looks much easier than this one posted. Maybe JD can try them both out and after 2 siestas give us some feedback! ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D
Amanda

Spain

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 10:16:43 am »
I might just do that ;D ;D ;D ;D - all for a good cause of course.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 12:01:40 am »
That's the spirit - no not alcoholic spirit  ;) ;)  Will send you the book when I return - you really deserve it putting your life at rsik for us  ;D ;D
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.