Author Topic: Yet more TM copy's.  (Read 9692 times)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: Yet more TM copy's.
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 01:06:44 am »
Lol. Yes I think a different name would of been better.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Tenina

• The new publicity shot…
    • View Profile
    • Tenina.com
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2012, 02:30:46 am »
Hi guys,

Just wanted to weigh in on this one…LOVING the HotMix so far…doing all I had hoped and more…so watch this space. I will be putting up a few recipes on the blog soon. Essentially from a Thermomix recipe point of view there is no change in the speed/time/temp with HotMix, so that keeps it easy for me to keep supplying recipes that will work in either machine….having said that there are pluses to HotMix that I will not be able to resist adding to recipes, like being able to do toffee, honeycomb, no stirring, slow cooking, (as in up to 4 hours) etc…
I think of all the Thermal Mixers out there, clearly HotMix and Thermomix are the front runners…I also have a ThermoChef in my test kitchen, and although I have done a few things in it, I have put it away…Hot Mix however is on the bench and operational!!

Does this help?? (OH, and I have the Gastronomix…now there’s a name!)
 ;D ;D

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2012, 03:25:19 am »
Ah someone we trust for some real true reviews of these machines. Thanks Tenina.
Keep us posted. :)

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2012, 07:53:34 pm »
How exciting for you Tenina so looking forward to reading your reviews. Thanks for bringing this to our attention Dede, the HotmixPro site provides loads of information :)  :)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 08:02:50 pm by johnro »
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2012, 11:30:22 am »
Gastro and Hot Mix, really bad naming!!

So, the really expensive one doesn't stir? Does the cheaper one? I'm also interested in the selling method. No one has mentioned how they are going to be sold.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline HotmixPRO

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2012, 10:59:14 pm »
To Answer Meagans Question, the Gastro does stir and has multiple speeds as well as the capability to stop the blades altogether, both machines have this feature, please have a look at the speed table below.

Our selling method is via selected retailers, dealers include HISCOi n WA, Tasmanian Hotel and Catering Supplies, Chefs Hat in Melbourne, Debney Distribution in SA Ambassador Catering Equipment in QLD, and Kitchen Kapers in NSW. The Gastro is a commercial machine and as such is being distributed through our commercial dealer network.

Our experience is that most of our customer know what they want, and they purchase it. They have no need to go through a 3 hour presentation when they know what they want and know how to use the appliance

1 - 120 rpm
2 - 315 rpm
3 - 830 rpm
4 - 1780 rpm
5 - 2935 rpm
6 - 4000 rpm
7 - 5330 rpm
8 - 7140 rpm
9 - 8950 rpm
10 - 10250 rpm
TURBO - 12500 rpm

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2012, 11:52:35 pm »
OMG just think what you can do with the Creative Hotmixpro. Now that is one desirable machine. The Gastro  is easily  worthy competition to the TMX and being able to buy it from a retailer is a definite bonus for knowing cooks plus the price is right. Pity about the name it begs parody.

I do envy Tenina being able to test the Gastro.

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2012, 12:00:40 am »
Tasmanian catering and hotel supplies is only 10 minutes away from me. I should drop in and have a sticky beak (not that I would buy one) just for a look :)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2012, 01:28:39 am »
It wouldn't bother me buying a Hotmix from a retailer. What would be excellent is to also have a home demo if you request it. I am sure you are able to call the store and ask questions if you are stuck. My consultant connection existed only because she was more interested in getting parties and sales, and finding this forum has enabled me to get the best out of the machine. I often wonder what I would be cooking if I never found the forum??? If Tenina says the speeds and temps of the HMP are similar to the TM, and TC users are also on this forum, this forum could become more than just a valuable resource for users with other machines.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Merrilyn

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2012, 06:14:08 am »
Just a brief question to Tenina about the noise factor.

Lots of folk seem to complain about Thermie's noise when cooking, especially if they have young children trying to sleep.  How noisy is the Gastro in comparison?
Never ask a 2 year old to hold a tomato  :-)

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2012, 07:05:49 am »
I agree CP. this forum has got me cooking things I would never have attempted without the encouragement and advice from its wonderful members. I do love the fact that TMX is sold through consultants who love and use this machine greatly.
Perhaps the gastro is more targeted at professional cooks and the catering industry and these people don't have time for a demo. I see the TMX targeted at home cooks who want to cook better quality food with ease. I love my TMX and couldn't live without it now.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate