Author Topic: You might find this a strange question. But seriously, does anyone else get it?  (Read 15650 times)

jakodai

Oops, I didn't mean to. It's not really beneficial to them, though - I'm talking about waiting until they can't sell them anymore and going in and buying them then. Does that count?

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
they still make big $ with the mark ups even (they are never the losers)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
I have a "garden" tub with a seat on one side and an overhead shower plus a hand-held shower wand. 
I also have a foot scrubby thing that attaches to the floor of the tub with suction cups and which makes scrubbing the feet for someone like me (fat) and with dicey knees (don't bend easily) and which also is helpful for softening and debriding calluses.

Shower foot scrubber.
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
I have noticed that my toe nails seem to get further away ....
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
Well we must have a few shorties on here - but I think I'm not going to admit just how short I am ... lets just say when I open the door to unknown people they ask "Is mummy here?"  or when I go out (not locally now, everyone knows everyone here!!) I get things like "babies having babies" or "teenage mums" or "what grade are you in - or did you have to drop out of school to raise your children" Aaaargh - I'm 29, been left school for YEARS!!
Anyway, back on track... Generally my feet are not too far away, but ATM ... I can't bend to reach them!! And they are only getting further away!!  :) But yep, got my footspa out again the other day, they seriously are great. My DH got it for me (from a garage sale, no less, for $5 still in box, and it heats the water too which is nice) when I was having #1.  :)
:D

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
check out second hand places amy  thats where l got mine from it was $10 and still in the box
l

I'd be very lucky to find a bargain like that Michelle. The second hand shops down here mostly just have old clothes that smell like mothballs :-X

I have noticed that my toe nails seem to get further away ....

Do you cut them Marina? They do tend to grow downwards if you let them go...

Andiesenj, that is really cool :o

LOL astarra you poor thing :-[ Maybe you should dye your hair grey to make you look older :-))
At least you have a good excuse for not being able to reach your feet! :D :D
That foot spa sounds like the bargain of the century :o

I think we're going to Harvey Norman today so I can check out their foot spas. I'm guessing they would have them?

Offline astarra

• View Profile
Reckon HN will have footspas Amy - and then you might not have to keep checking your toes to see if they are still there!  ;)
I think you need one! :)
:D

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Reckon HN will have footspas Amy - and then you might not have to keep checking your toes to see if they are still there!  ;)
I think you need one! :)

It would be nice not to have to keep checking on my toes... its quite exhausting because my toes are quite long so my eyes have to work harder to look further away :-)) :-)) :-))

I definitely think I do too. So thats two votes saying I need a foot spa. Thats enough for me ;) ;)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Andie, I love that shower foot scrubber - might look into getting myself one of those.  It's not that I can't see my feet, it is more because as you get older it gets more risky standing on one foot in the shower whilst you wash the other one.  We don't need a fall and risk breaking hips etc.

Astarra, I'd get some T-shirts made 'I was born in 1983'.  I know a young lass in her early 20's who recently married - she still looks about 15.  It's hard now but wait until you are 60 and only look 40 ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I found these available in a few places including very cheap ones on ebay but I've gone for the best quality from Independent Living Centre here in Sth Australia @ $39.50.  I've sent the details to DD2 and asked for it for my next birthday  ;)  Thanks for the heads up on this product Andie, didn't even know this item was out there until I read your posting.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
That's a great idea Andi and Judy.  Wouldn't mind one of them myself.  I wonder if it will tickle.  ;D

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
That's a great idea Andi and Judy.  Wouldn't mind one of them myself.  I wonder if it will tickle.  ;D

It does tickle a bit but you get used to it - constant use sort of desensitizes the foot to the "tickle" sense. 
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

mcmich

Like the look of the shower foot scrubber.