Author Topic: Egg Free Cakes, Slices and Bikkies  (Read 8068 times)

Offline marmee

• View Profile
Egg Free Cakes, Slices and Bikkies
« on: June 05, 2009, 09:41:02 am »
I am in a spin!  I really really need to know that there are some great Thermomix recipes out there for our family!  I had my demo today and, as always, the food was fabulous - but I really need some egg-free baking ideas.  Anzac Bikkies is one recipe in the Everyday Cookbook - do you have any yummy recipes you can share with me?  I don't have a Thermomix or the Everyday Cookbook - so if there are recipes in the cookbook that suit my needs, please just let me know   :-\  I am *really* impressed with this Thermomix wonder, but my whole purpose in buying one is to help in my cooking for our little girl.

Anyone able to put a smile on my dial?  ;D
Marmee, intrigued by the TM and living in NSW Australia

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Egg Free Cakes, Slices and Bikkies
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 09:42:44 am »
We'll do our best !!  ;D
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 02:44:19 am by judydawn »
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline marmee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 01:19:27 am »
Thank you   :-*  You are amazing!   I sent a few recipes that I have cooked in the past to my consultant and she has converted and already tried one and loved it!  Just knowing that recipes can be converted and work successfully means a lot.

Thank you for those links!!  How about these ones?  Can they be easily converted?

Banana Lemon Cake

2 cups white self-raising flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarb.
1 pinch salt
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
2 medium bananas
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
3 drops lemon essence
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4

Use three 15cm/6 inch sandwich tins.

Cream together the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy. Beat thoroughly, stir in the lemon essence and mashed bananas until blended. Sift flour, soda and salt together. Mix milk with lemon juice to sour the milk, then stir both into the creamed mixture until combined.

Grease and line the sandwich tins. Divide the mixture evenly between the three tins. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until light brown. Turn on to wire racks to cool.

Offline marmee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 01:20:09 am »
Sultana Special

2 cups white self-raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
4 tablespoons caster sugar
1/2 cup currants
1/2 cup sultanas
1/2 cup fresh milk
3 tablespoons golden syrup/corn syrup
Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/gas mark 3

Use a 15cm/6 inch round cake tin.

Grease and line the cake tin. Put the butter, flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl and rub together until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add fruit and sugar and stir thoroughly. Make a well in the centre of the mixture. Mix the golden syrup and the milk and pour this into the centre. Gradually mix together, adding a bit more milk if necessary to attain a dropping consistency. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake in the preset oven for 1 3/4 to 2 hours or until the cake is well risen and firm to touch. Remove from the oven and allow to stand for ten minutes. Turn out onto cooling rack.

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 11:14:33 am »
Does it have to be a cake? I have posted a few desserts with no eggs. Banoffee pie ...delicious!! And Yummy Apple crumble!
The frozen fruit and yoghurt ice-creams are fab too! Have you tried them yet, they are instant!
Amanda

Spain

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 11:21:01 am »
i wonder if there's any way we can have tags on our posts...
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline marmee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 12:04:49 pm »
Sounds yum, Bron - thank you.

I really *am * looking to streamline and making cooking snacks a whole lot easier, which is why I asked for cakes, slices and bikkies.  But I will take what I can get  :)  I think I am coming around to knowing that I am just going to have to experiment - as much as that scares me   :-[   I went through experimentation years ago and didn't like the waste, time needed and deflations after ever experiment   8)