Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9009280 times)

Offline em

• Me and my little spiderman!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #4815 on: May 17, 2011, 11:35:38 am »
finally got around to making some more veg stock concentrate, i have forgotten just how easy and delicious it is!  mum has a wheelbarrow overflowing with pumpkins from the garden so am going to make lots of pumpkin soup and freeze it for my lunches! yummo, the only good thing about winter is all the soup i make lol
Emma from Victoria

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: May 17, 2011, 11:47:34 am »
I didn't really make these today, so this is a cheat, but worth a chuckle.

I made Debetha's Lemon Melt Cookies at the weekend and, really, I SHOULD HAVE READ THE RECIPE.

I didn't have enough caster sugar so made my own, but lost concentration and ended up with icing sugar, so used that.

I added the SR flour, only to discover that I was short by approx. 110 g, so thought, better make some more SR flour, only to find I had grabbed the jar of plain flour from the larder and put that into the TMX bowl in error and my (nearly full) jar of SR was still sitting happily on its shelf in the larder.  Oh well, what the heck, I decided to put approx. 130 g of SR into the TMX mixture -  just to make up for the shortfall.

Got to the part where you mixed it all up to make a dough and that wasn't working either (surprise, surprise!), so squeezed some lemon juice and a bit of water into the jug, just for kicks and, sure enough, I had a dough.

Put the lot into the oven wondering what on earth I was going to end up with after 15 minutes and they were pretty good, so it wasn't a total failure, but I must remember to check my ingredients properly in future.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: May 17, 2011, 12:23:39 pm »
I'm glad others have tim,es like that. My last 'bad' day was when I dropped almost everything I used, eggs, flour and then the finished product.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: May 17, 2011, 02:27:21 pm »
Some days we should just stay in bed girls  ;) ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: May 18, 2011, 12:43:42 am »
Yes Cuilidh - I had this very experience on Monday!! But with wonderful results - I intended making my pumpkin fruit cake but when I went to put the fruit in I had less then half that I needed! So then I thought I'd make my carrot cake and had no apples left (for the apple sauce i put in mine) - I ended up making a Pumpkin, carrot, fruit, ginger cake and everyone though it was awesome - I have invented my very own cake!! LOL  :D

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: May 18, 2011, 01:43:03 am »
Well done Nay-Nay - congratulations on your invention - do we get to see the recipe or was it all such an accident you will not be able to replicate it?
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Kellie

• View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: May 18, 2011, 11:38:40 am »
This morning I did milk for my coffee, porridge and custard (so the kids could take fruit and custart to school) and then this afternoon I made pasta, ragu and buttermilk bread.

;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: May 18, 2011, 12:50:00 pm »
Made Maddy's vegetable soup with bacon & pasta tonight - love this soup.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: May 19, 2011, 03:32:16 am »
Currently cooking MWOC tomato ketchup.  Wish me luck, haven't found a home made ketchup that we like yet, so fingers crossed.  ;D

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: May 19, 2011, 03:46:41 am »
Well done Nay-Nay - congratulations on your invention - do we get to see the recipe or was it all such an accident you will not be able to replicate it?
Ok - was something like - 2 grated carrots, 1 cup of cooked mashed pumpkin, 30g butter, 2 eggs, 100g syrup. 10sec - speed 5. Then 350g SR flour, 1 tsp bicarb, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger powder, 100g rapdura sugar, speed 5 - 20 sec. Stir through 80g dried fruit and some chopped glace ginger. Cook for an hour at 180C and top with creamed cheese sweetened with rapdura sugar when cool.  Everyone just called it carrot cake and didn't have a clue there was pumpkin in it. ;)

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #4825 on: May 21, 2011, 12:09:28 pm »
Thanks Nay-Nay - I have so much pumpkin that needs using up! Hope you don't mind if I share this around!!!  :)
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #4826 on: May 21, 2011, 12:20:59 pm »
Help help help! I haven't had much time to get on here lately, and I just looked at 'unread posts' and there's 5 pages!!! Any suggestions of posts I just must not miss??

I've been cooking all day, first here, then at a customer's house to help her figure out what she can make for her very strict diet that includes no meat (except fish), so grains, no sugars except honey & stevia, no dairy, no eggs... phew! So for their dinner we made vege & chickpea soup (made the stock first) and warm pumpkin salad (like the warm chicken, pumpkin & couscous salad 'cept without the chicken & couscous - lol!), pesto without parmesan (s.d. tomato & red capsicum, added basil & herb salt - very yum!) and salad dressing out of half of that, grain-free wraps, raspberry-lime-coconut ice-cream, raw avocado choc pudding, coconut butter chocolate balls (made coconut butter first)... I think that was all, it's all a blur! Then came home and made dinner - crash potatoes, steak, and sauted veges! Now I've got to cook for a luncheon I'm going to tomorrow, but I'm brain dead and can't think of anything! Help again!!!  ???

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #4827 on: May 21, 2011, 12:24:09 pm »
Nay-Nay, what kind of syrup do you use in that cake?

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #4828 on: May 21, 2011, 11:13:12 pm »
Ha ha Golden Syrup - i just saw this on FB.  :D I'll have to put up the 'REAL' pumpkin cake recipe.  ;)

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #4829 on: May 22, 2011, 05:06:45 am »
Okay, that would be great!!! I'm desperate for pumpkin recipes right now - got two big ones sitting here, and been getting one each week in my vege box! aaarrrrggh!! Lol.  :D

Yes, hope you don't mind I shared your recipe on FB - sounded good!  :)