Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6035961 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #22470 on: February 04, 2019, 09:02:46 pm »
Our gardener coming today.   Looking forward to her.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22471 on: February 05, 2019, 05:08:14 am »
We ran out of milk!!! An unusual occurrence here as I buy a fair bit when I do the weekly shopping. I went up to a different shopping centre (we have 3 all within a couple of kms) and they had some lovely meat at reasonable prices, so I stocked up.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #22472 on: February 05, 2019, 09:21:31 am »
Fist Yoga class for the year , a lot of stretching amazingly relaxed after . Cleaned out the shearing shead lunch room ! Not my favourite job , ready for cruching in a few days .

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #22473 on: February 07, 2019, 03:56:54 am »
Visited the doctor yesterday as thought I had shingles , lucky that is not the case . Been bitten by an insect many times , and it is a virus will take 6 weeks to clear ! Must have been when I was dealing with the sheep near the stinky water /swamp . All good Telfast and a strong anti itching cream . Meanwhile at home the clothes washing machine spun across the room and now the rubber liner is all loose ! Just not fair , do not like waiting weeks for it to be possibly fixed . But DS has done his washing at boarding school he informed me this morning , he did not know it was Brocken . Something good comes from these little setbacks .

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #22474 on: February 07, 2019, 09:57:37 am »
K ATIE, so glad you don’t have shingles but what you do have doesn’t sound good!  Hope the tablets can stop the itch!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22475 on: February 07, 2019, 11:40:30 am »
K Atie that sounds almost as bad as shingles. Not very nice at all. Telfast 180 are good for that sort of thing.

Today I went to visit the daughter of a lady who was a very dear friend. My friend died a couple of years ago but I got to know her daughters well as they are round my age. this lady has been widowed and recently had some treatment for cancer. When I spoke to her on the phone she sounded so down that I decided the least I could do was visit. We are now going to get together once a month.
On the drive home I noticed smoke and there is a nasty fire about 5 or 6 km away. We are forecast very strong winds tonight which won't help it. DD has a close friend who built there a couple of years ago and she expects her home to be gone by the morning. I really feel for her, she has gone to spend tonight with her parents.
Chookie I'm sure you have been through it. There is mainly homes between us and the fire so it will be a massive disaster if it comes close to us. It is in a semi rural area at the moment.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22476 on: February 07, 2019, 09:29:25 pm »
Cookie what a thoughtful lady you are and I hope you and your friend have many of those get togethers to ensure her down times become few and far between. Sometimes you just need someone to speak to. 

Katie, you have so many problems crop up yet you don’t dwell on them and can always see light at the end of the tunnel.  People on the land are very special and strong people - they have to be don’t they?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #22477 on: February 08, 2019, 03:53:42 am »
Cookie so kind to be there for your friend, hope the fires don’t get there . Telfast has helped as has the cream . Judy think there is always something happening but I am trying to find a positive each time . Like this morning , moved sheep (ewes) to the naughty lambs with DH but still managed to find paperwork that was missing , so I achieved something. Next week I may be able to get my jobs done .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #22478 on: February 08, 2019, 10:27:48 pm »
Cookie, well done with visiting your friend.  Hope the fires keep away.  Not a nice feeling.  We left home several times when we lived at Cherokee.
K Atie, when you have animals it is always a challenge.  I am glad it was not shingles although insect bites are also nasty.
We have been without our dishwasher since before Xmas. The service people were waiting for  a part, but then it started to leak. I had to run the drain cycle all night.  Ral was in hospital and they were not cooperative.  I had to get really nasty before they would send someone out to stop the leak.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22479 on: February 10, 2019, 08:36:50 am »
That's not very good Chookie.

We had friends drop round this morning. They have a lovely dog who is ageing. I don't like dogs in the house but I have always made an exception for this one. The poor thing he needed to go outside and none of us realised, so he left a wet spot in our bedroom. All cleaned up and sanitised pretty quickly. He' s been visiting all his life and this was the first time.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #22480 on: February 10, 2019, 10:56:28 pm »
Chookie, after sales service is so important, hope you let the company know your feelings about the level that they offered.

Poor old dog, Cookie.  We've got an old one in our apartment building at the moment, its owner has to carry it everywhere, obviously fighting to keep it with her as long as she can.

Yesterday we netted a couple of our plum trees so that we will have some for our neighbour's aunt to make jam with.  Normally the birds seem to leave our plums alone, but it has been so dry this year they are starting to eat them, as well as our grapes, crab apples, pears, apples, quinces .... they have even had a go at our olives on occasion!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22481 on: February 11, 2019, 01:28:25 am »
We don't have a lot of olives on our tree this year, thank goodness. However the birds ;manage to find the few and pick them off, usually after one nibble.
We have water out for the birds and it is amazing the different types that drop in for a drink. Even the crows.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #22482 on: February 11, 2019, 05:34:38 am »
We also have several bird baths. Love watching the birds washing.  The bees also need water.
Ral had another blood test today.  The girl made a real mess of his arm.   Not nice.  We were going for coffee afterwards and had to ask for a tissue to soak the blood up.
Marina I sure told the service people off.  I told them to send someone today or we would be taking our custom elsewhere.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #22483 on: February 12, 2019, 02:46:13 am »
Good on you, Chookie.  Hope they came.

How's Ral?  How on earth can an experienced nurse make such a horrible botch of it that he was left bleeding after his visit?
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22484 on: February 12, 2019, 02:58:45 am »
Ouch, not very nice when they make a mess of blood being taken. Ral should have asked for a lolly because of what he had to endure and a very big bandage on his arm to show that he had a 'sore.' Or at the very least a Batman bandaid or similar.

Well done Chookie. I do hope the service people turned up.