Author Topic: Thermomix App for iphone/ipad (RoboGourmet)  (Read 31059 times)

Offline Salome

• View Profile
Re: Thermomix App for iphone/ipad (RoboGourmet)
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2011, 03:53:56 am »
It's just a shame it wasn't properly edited or the recipes tested before it was released.  A for profit app should not be relying on the goodwill of a forum (especially when they are not participating in the forum) to do their recipe testing and editing.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2011, 06:23:34 am »
You are right there Salome.  Best get onto their FB site instead then. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline MonPo76

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 05:32:58 am »
Hi all - I am Monica from Robogourmet - thanks for the invitation to participate in this forum. I am a fairly recent addition to the TMX team (I bought mine last November and am just in the process of completing my consultant's course). Anyway, I want to thank you for the feedback on the app so far and cover off a couple of issues raised here;

1) The reason I have not participated to date is that I did not want to breach (or be perceived to breach) any commercial rules of the forum. As such, I was simply trying to be a "polite" member of the community. I do thank you for welcoming me ;)

2) We acknowledge that there are some errors in the app and we are very grateful for your feedback. This is one of the things I particularly love about TMX - that it has fostered such an amazing, knowledgeable and sharing community of people.
However, we have no intentiion of relying on this forum - or any of our other customers - to do our work for us. We are currently adjusting recipes to correct any issues that have arisen as well as writing new recipes and testing as many as we can. We have also received recipes from around the world for inclusion in the next version. This is a time consuming process but we are certainly committed to constantly improving and expanding the app. We aim to roll out 50 new recipes again at the end of this month and this will be an ongoing process.

My Italian partners and I all got involved in this app because we are passionate TMX owners and foodies - as I am sure most of you can relate. Sure, it is great if we can earn a few bucks out of it, but ultimately we wanted a tool that was valuable to us - and that spawned its public release.
Even if we didn't sell another one, I would keep adding to it so I had a compilation of all my favourite recipes. It is for this reason that we encourage people to contibute and share their love for food and TMX as well.
Thanks guys and I look forward to"chatting" with you more.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 06:15:07 am »
OK, I'm convinced now, I'll buy the app.

Thanks for your input here Monica, now that I understand that your passionate about food and cooking (and the Thermomix), I'm happy to pay more than I normally would for an app.
I think the fact that there's 50 new recipes a month is also a great incentive.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 06:38:23 am »
Monica, Welcome  :)  will we be getting some of those wonderful Italian recipes over time that are on their forums etc. I see some of the pics and drool, just not able to translate them  :-))

I think if the recipes are somehow linked to blogs etc then people would appreciate that ... I realise that this could take some time too :)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2011, 07:12:23 am »
Hi Monica and Welcome.
I think the app is great. Keep up the great work  ;D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline MonPo76

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2011, 07:47:08 am »
Thanks guys - feeling the love!

will we be getting some of those wonderful Italian recipes over time that are on their forums etc. I see some of the pics and drool, just not able to translate them

Faffa - the answer is yes, just takes a while as I have to try to "translate" some of the ingredients as well as the language.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2011, 10:31:16 am »
Hi Monica, welcome to the forum.  Nice to hear a bit about the background of this ap - unfortunately I don't have the equipment to partake in it. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Lexi

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2011, 10:30:04 pm »
Hi Monica, are the developers looking at a "bigger" version to view on the iPad better?  Going to 2x goes blurry and gives me a headache, and in iPhone size I cant read it lol!!!
Mum to 2 preschoolers and a mobile baby, SA

Offline MonPo76

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2011, 11:52:47 pm »
Hi - yes we are looking at ipad. Will get back to you as soon as we have a plan.

Offline MonPo76

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2011, 09:19:58 am »
Hi all - just wanted to let you know that I have spent the past week or so editing the database and adding 50 new recipes so you will all see an updated version of in a couple of weeks (once it is approved by itunes). Thanks to all of you who pointed out errors/omissions.
We are also working on getting photos together for all of the recipes so if any of you are a dab hand with a camera - and would like to have your pics published - please send them through! This will take a while so this feature won't be released for a couple of months but we are taking all of the feedback onboard and working hard to constantly improve!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 09:26:19 am by MonPo76 »

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2011, 11:06:48 am »
Wow Monica that sound great. Am looking forward to the new updates in the future. This App is only going to get better.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Peleep

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2011, 12:22:37 pm »
Hi all - just wanted to let you know that I have spent the past week or so editing the database and adding 50 new recipes so you will all see an updated version of in a couple of weeks (once it is approved by itunes). Thanks to all of you who pointed out errors/omissions.
We are also working on getting photos together for all of the recipes so if any of you are a dab hand with a camera - and would like to have your pics published - please send them through! This will take a while so this feature won't be released for a couple of months but we are taking all of the feedback onboard and working hard to constantly improve!

Hi Monica

can you give us a heads up on the index of what's new so we can get a taste of things to come?

Offline Lexi

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2011, 04:15:13 am »
 ;D excited much? YES!!!
Mum to 2 preschoolers and a mobile baby, SA

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2011, 08:26:19 am »
Looking forward to all the updates.

Love my thermo and my iPad.

Hally
Mum to Crown Prince......