Author Topic: Creamy Chicken and Avocado Fettucine with Bacon & Salami  (Read 55622 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Creamy Chicken and Avocado Fettucine with Bacon & Salami
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2012, 10:41:49 am »
I know what you mean Brumington, I started off like that but don't have that problem anymore.  It is so important to read everything before making a recipe though as the tiniest hint may save a disaster. That's where print outs work well as you can add the notes and hints from others on the actual recipe.  If you are reading it from a computer, you can't do that.

Did you read where Hally accidentally blitzed this dish for a short time then turned it into pies and they all loved them ;D  So, there is always something you can do with a bit of a disaster.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2012, 10:43:41 am »
I was the same for a while too brumington, especially with pasta dishes. Then I hit a winner with a few of the forums much loved mains and got my confidence back. This is on my list to try for first time soon. Will see how it goes. Keep trying you will get there :)

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2012, 10:48:42 am »
I was the same for a while too brumington, especially with pasta dishes. Then I hit a winner with a few of the forums much loved mains and got my confidence back. This is on my list to try for first time soon. Will see how it goes. Keep trying you will get there :)

Please let me know how you go with this one. Which ones have you had success with which I should try? I need to get my main meal mojo back!

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2012, 11:21:51 am »
I am not good at linking but look for Chelsea's beef stroganoff, quirky jo's chicken and cashews, JulieO's beef enchiladas  and creamy garlic prawn risotto. If I could make them each week I would. Hoping your mojo comes back :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 11:25:51 am by judydawn »

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2012, 11:31:54 am »
It's magic someone did the links for me brummington. Hope you enjoy these as much as we do. And thank you clever forum fairy!

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2012, 11:43:53 am »
I am not good at linking but look for Chelsea's beef stroganoff, quirky jo's chicken and cashews, JulieO's beef enchiladas  and creamy garlic prawn risotto. If I could make them each week I would. Hoping your mojo comes back :)

Thank you Kimmyh (and the forum fairy). I'll give these ones a go.

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2012, 01:13:30 pm »
What am I doing wrong with main meals? I did this to the letter apart from the fact I had middle bacon, used chicken stock concentrate from quirky jo, only had tube pasta and my cream had been previously frozen. Why did my meal end up a thick mush? I couldn't see the chicken or avo and while eating a green coloured oil seeped out (green probably from the disappearing avo!). It's not this recipe, all the above comments vouch for that, I just don't know where I'm going wrong.

Mine was also a bit gluggy looking. Personally purely for the aesthetics I like to do my pasta on the cook top and pour the sauce over it. I like the " cleaner " look if that makes sense. Have tried all in one pasta dishes before and from now on it will be pured over the pre cooked pasta.  I think maybe the starchiness of the pasta glues up the dish a bit.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2012, 04:59:30 am »
With this recipe I cooked my chicken separately and then poured the sauce over it. To be honest I do this with most tmx chicken recipes.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2012, 11:48:27 am »
Made this tonight using 375ml evap milk  and 100g water and 250g fettuccine. Mixed in avocado when serving as not all in house eat it. Yummy recipe will add a little more water next time. one prob the milk curdled? I use evap milk a lot and it has never curdled. Have never used the stock concentrate with the evap milk could that curdle it?

Offline CKC

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2012, 12:32:47 am »
I had the same problem Kimmyh.  I've since read full cream evap milk won't curdle .. I used low fat.  Did you?

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2012, 03:31:17 am »
Yes low fat. That must be it. Although I make other dishes in tmx with the low fat evap milk and it doesn't curdle? More investigating needed I guess.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2012, 04:50:40 am »
I find that the low fat often curdles. I just overlook it as I know it is better for us.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CookedChook

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2013, 04:51:07 am »
This was really delicious,  omitted the mushrooms and avocado and added extra meat and silver beet hubby brought home instead of spinach. Used fresh tri colour fettuccine and 80 gm water plus the cream was perfect. Have a good place of it if anyone can tell me how to upload one from my phone Lol

Offline JuliaC83

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2013, 10:55:12 am »
Made this for dinner tonight - adults AND fussy kids enjoyed it :)
Happily married since 27/03/2004
DS1 2007 Neuroblastoma survivor, Autism, ADHD
DS2 2009
Student Midwife - will graduate at the end of 2014