Author Topic: Review Quirky Cooking - Grain Free Lasagne  (Read 6334 times)

Offline Shazzy

• View Profile
Review Quirky Cooking - Grain Free Lasagne
« on: May 08, 2014, 12:00:45 pm »
I made this for dinner last night and we all really enjoyed it.  It was very easy to make though I think I would steam the pumpkin for less time next time as it was very soft and a little difficult to assemble.  The white sauce was really nice - my husband kept commenting how much he liked the cheese topping :) :) I didn't have any cashew milk so I just used Jo's method in the book but didn't bother to strain the milk before adding all the other ingredients.  The only thing was that the sauce was a little watery when I had cooked it but I just drained some of the liquid off. Will definitely make it again and it will probably become our go to Lasagne.
Linked CC
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 12:51:14 pm by Cornish Cream »

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: Review Quirky Cooking - Grain Free Lasagne
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 09:46:12 pm »
Sounds like a good recipe to try, thanks for the comments.  I'm just waiting for my book now and looking forward to trying the recipes.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline mrsb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 10:07:43 am »
I made this and absolutely loved it. We are gluten and dairy free and my husband commented that 'it tasted better than the ones you use to make with all that cheese!'. So you know it's good. You could use vegetarian mince for a vegetarian option. It didn't take long to make. I made it on a week night. I even used the exact same dish Jo uses (as we have the same) and it made six large slices.

Offline lozzylooloo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 11:39:06 am »
I made just the "cheese" sauce for a vegetarian grain free lasagne type thing I was making - yum! Pretty much followed recipe but decreased arrowroot amount slightly.
 Quite a stiff/gloopy sauce that you definitely have to spread with a spatula, which then moved the lentils I was using in the sauce around, but that was fine , I just stirred it slightly as I went. Personally for my purposes I would probably decrease or maybe even try omitting the arrowroot/tapioca.
Went beautifully with the tomato sauce and flavours, and I won't hesitate to make it again.

Offline kezza

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 07:30:33 am »
Made this last week and it is really nice.  I did not have any arrowroot flour so used potato, but I should have reduced quantity as it is so much stronger.  But quite a revelation not using cheese or pasta!