Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4503771 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #12060 on: May 16, 2014, 06:58:59 am »
What did you buy Robyn?

Katie I will look forward tom hearing how it goes.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #12061 on: May 16, 2014, 07:39:06 am »
I'm a sucker for buyinvite but am refraining. I do love getting parcels though. The boys got a ninja turtle shirt today in the mail. Me my delicious :)

mcmich

« Reply #12062 on: May 16, 2014, 07:47:51 am »
Katie there is a thread somewhere on here about sous vide cooking. Along with Yvette, I dabbled in a bit only using chicken (as TMX doesn't have the right temp for red meat) and the thermomix.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #12063 on: May 16, 2014, 09:23:36 am »
The indian book has great recipes, wish it had a few more pics.  We love the tikka paste and butter chicken.
Cant wait to get quirky jo's book.  Happy cooking and reading.

Yes, a few more pics would be nice, but looks good.

The Quirky book looks great.  Something for everyone. AND lovely photos.  I have a friend who has quite specific diet requirements - can't wait to show her this book.  She doesn't actually have a tmx, but I know she's interested in what they can do, but recipes like this that would really suit her lifestyle might be a better way of showing her what it could do for her.

Very happy with the quick delivery too - ordered late Wednesday night online, shipped Thursday, and in my letterbox first thing this morning.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #12064 on: May 16, 2014, 11:15:01 am »
I just happened to be driving past TM Hq today, so popped in a bought quirky Jo's cookbook, haven't had a chance to have a good look through yet, as I had to go back to work.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #12065 on: May 16, 2014, 05:44:45 pm »
I received an Amazon gift certificate for Mother's Day (last Sunday here in the U.S.)  so I purchased this wonderful cookbook Delights From The Garden of Eden, which has been discussed at length on a couple of foodie forums and on Facebook.
It is a thick, heavy (570 pages) book full of stories, history and wonderful recipes - Non-TMX - but still extremely interesting.

I have been delving into it since it arrived on Wednesday and am so pleased I heard about it because this is the kind of cookbook that really stimulates my imagination and ramps up my ambition to cook something different.

At the Amazon site there is the "Click to look inside" option.  Take a look at the Table of Contents, page IV, which lists some of the fascinating subjects, such as: The First "REcipe Book" in Human History.  Or,  Elements of the Medieval Baghdadi Cuisine and Affinities with Ancient Mesopotamian Cooking... 

I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12066 on: May 16, 2014, 07:12:55 pm »
It looks a beautiful book Andie.The photo of Chureck (sweet yeast-bread) looks wonderful and it has very positive reviews  :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

mcmich

« Reply #12067 on: May 16, 2014, 07:51:09 pm »
Lovely book Andie.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #12068 on: May 16, 2014, 11:35:00 pm »
I bought the zuko pop machine for the ids, and 3 sets of baking  casserole dishes.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

mcmich

« Reply #12069 on: May 17, 2014, 06:48:14 am »
Very boring shopping. We will be carpeting the bedrooms once I paint the ceilings, so carpet shopping and they are very generous in letting you bring samples home. I have never ever bought carpet before, I have ripped carpet up and tiled or put floorboards down. It is very confusing - wool, P.E.T. polyester, nylon, polypropylene, blends, solution dyed  ???

Also had quotes to paint the ceilings, way too many bucks - I went to Bunnings and bought loads of disposable items as I hate washing brushes and paint trays out.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12070 on: May 17, 2014, 06:55:30 am »
Mich, when you've finished there you can come and live with me!! :-)) ;D  Painting, two rooms of carpet to come up and a floating floor to go in one.

Painting ceilings?  Long handled roller,  . . and probably raincoat, shower cap and goggles!! :o ??? ;D Ceilings here are high but not that high.  It's the preparation that's getting to me.  :-)) :'( :'( :'(

mcmich

« Reply #12071 on: May 17, 2014, 07:10:11 am »
I'm hearing you GF. Hate all the sanding, washing and taping. The good thing is I only fell off the milk crate once doing the trim - shocking bruise on my hip and leg but luckily I managed not drop the paint brush. When I was painting the store room last year, I tumbled off 2 milk crates high and ended up with the roller on my forehead.  ;D Will need a ladder to do the ceilings - like you higher than average ceilings but not real high. DH has offered to do over the staircase - He said, "I know what your like on ladders."  :-))

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12072 on: May 17, 2014, 12:20:58 pm »
The ladies that are painting are wonderful. I can't get more than a metre off the ground without getting scared, although planes are fine.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #12073 on: May 17, 2014, 12:40:05 pm »
I've been painting too McMich,  and have been to Bunnings upteen times lately. We've done a mini reno of the laundry (including painting 1970s tiles white and putting cabinets in).
I've found alfoil to be my friend.  I wrap the paint tray in foil before pouring the paint in and wrap my brushes etc in foil in between coats to stop the doing out and save washing :)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

mcmich

« Reply #12074 on: May 17, 2014, 09:17:18 pm »
Lots of us painting at the moment. Don't know whether or not Kimmy has finished painting?