Author Topic: Easy meal for a beginner  (Read 5954 times)

Offline Kellie

• View Profile
Easy meal for a beginner
« on: May 11, 2011, 04:02:06 am »
I'm having my delivery demo on Saturday and on Sunday my DH's uncle and aunt are coming for an overnighter.  I'd love to wow them with my TMX but am well aware that I'll be on a big learning curve.  The other little thing is that DH's uncle is a French chef!  Now he doesn't expect a gourmet 3 course meal, but I'd really love to serve something that has a lot of flavour and is fairly foolproof!

I was thinking maybe a risotto... ???

WDYT?

Cheers

Kellie

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: Easy meal for a beginner
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 04:41:58 am »
I'd go with the risotto, Kellie, but there are a lot of easy, tasty and very popular recipes on the forum and the TMX is so easy to use you may not find any of them to be very daunting.  You'll quickly find quite a few responses to your query coming through so browse through the suggestions and go with something you are comfortable with making.

Good luck and don't be intimidated by French chefs, you're as good as everyone else!!!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 05:12:20 am »
Quirkycooking's Chicken and Cashews with Coconut Satay Sauce and Coconut Rice is fantastic. Don't be daunted when you read through it as it is quite easy and very yummy.

Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 06:38:25 am »
Stroganoff (EDC)
Honey mustard chicken (forum)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 10:41:17 am »
I agree with Very Happy Jan, Quirkycooking's Chicken & Cashews is excellent and easy. DH loves it and says it is a restaurant quality dish (I'm not going to disagree with such a compliment ;D).

Just a couple of tips though:
-Don't be put off by the length of the recipe. The instructions are detailed and easy to follow.
-Read through the entire recipe to check you have all the ingredients (especially for the sauce at the end)
-Be careful lifting the lid of varoma when adding vegies (like snow peas) near the end of cooking when varoma is hot.

Have fun deciding Kellie and good luck  :)
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 10:44:54 am »
I also agree with Very Happy Jan and djinni373 - but I didn't want to put it down because I always seem to be singing this meal's praises so thought I would go with something different this time, and also because you seemed to be comfortable and happy with the risotto idea.  Either option, as well as all the other suggestions that you will get, would be impressive.

Just make sure you have all the ingredients, pre-measured or pre-prepared BEFORE you start then you simply just relax and follow the directions - EASY!!! (really - I promise!).
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.