Author Topic: High Tea  (Read 37767 times)

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
Re: High Tea
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2011, 03:29:03 am »
That china is gorgeous, Maddy.

I love Cornish pottery too, although I no longer have any.
A few years ago one of my friends bought a house built in the 1920s, in Pasadena, and had it restored to as near original condition as possible.
The kitchen was tiled, counters, backsplash and floor, in the little hexagonal tiles, white and blue - just the color of Cornish ware - so I gave her the pieces I had, not many, but there was an unusual globe teapot and a fairly large mortar and pestle.
She was able to find one of the vintage kitchen ranges of the era and had it restored and painted the same color blue. 

The accent color in the kitchen is primrose yellow so it is a very striking room. 

I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2011, 07:15:02 am »
Wow Andie.....I can just imagine how cheery that kitchen would look!
She is lucky to a have a generous friend like you  :) and interestingly enough, that globe teapot you gave to her, is actually on the rarity list.  It's an investment piece for sure  ;)

I did have quite a blue and wood themed decor....very country style.  I wanted a change, and wanted to paint every piece of wood that I had painstakingly stained - painted white.  :P  LOL....hubby woke up to a shock in the morning, when he spotted my handywork through the night  ;D
Wasn't sure if the soft green and pinks would work with the cornishware, but I happened to look at a cherished serving tray......Bingo.....I knew the colours would fit  :D :D  Happy dance!

Sorry Hally for hijacking your thread.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2011, 06:26:53 pm »
I love those, Maddy.

My kitchen is more or less earth toned - with some cobalt blue and emerald green touches with a yellow element at one end but it was originally designed to be a working commercial kitchen in a home so there aren't many "designer" elements. 
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2011, 06:51:40 pm »
I have one piece of CornishWare Judy,it came with Cornish Blue Cheese in it,like this,the far picture on the right
http://www.cornishcheese.co.uk/index.html
Maddy you are very welcome to the piece of pottery,it's specially produced for the Cheese Makers by CornishWare,PM me if you would like it  ;)

ABSOLUTELY YES PLEASE CC.....

Would you believe, I actually had tried to order that very jar.....but of course it wasn't permitted because of the cheese!  :-\  don't we import cheese that is in our supermarkets  :-\
Anyway.......CC, you are a darling-gorgeous lady  :-*.....and I will PM you  ;D

IT FEELS LIKE CHRISTMAS MORNING!!!!
It's all packaged up ready to go,just waiting for your PM so it can be popped in the post. ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2011, 01:50:34 am »
Done CC  :D

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2011, 03:24:35 am »
I am really enjoying looking at everyoens china - nice to see it all

Hally.
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2011, 03:40:50 am »
I really like Royal Alberts "Lady Carlyle" and that may be a good one to collect, my MIL has the country roses complete dinner set with all the accessories and is available for us to borrow for special occasions.

Am really enjoying this thread  :)

Sharon
Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

my blog http://shazknit.blogspot.com

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2011, 03:45:05 am »
I too like the Lady Carlyle , but sadly cant afford to have 2 collections. I still need more pieces for my OCR, but by bit over the years I will acquire more.

Hally

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2011, 07:24:31 am »
My mum had a Noritake set that my Dad gave her as an engagement present. That is now their everyday set  :o :o (us kids would have been killed if we even went near it years ago lol)

she has just started to collect the Nikko Precious set when it was deleted. http://www.nextag.com/nikko-precious/shop-html

She was devastated. We still manage to get her bits and pieces from www.replacements.com but at a price!

I am happy to do so though as neither of my sisters like the set and it will become mine when she passes and we both call it "OUR" dinnerset now lol
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2011, 08:07:05 pm »
I too like the Lady Carlyle , but sadly cant afford to have 2 collections. I still need more pieces for my OCR, but by bit over the years I will acquire more.

I priced the LC yesterday, $1300 for a 20 piece setting  :o

I know where I will be buying mine from:
http://www.victoriasbasement.com.au/Product_subcategory.aspx?ParCatID=DW&SubCat1=DWRALC
Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

my blog http://shazknit.blogspot.com

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2011, 12:10:37 am »
Hally your high tea looked gorgeous and has inspired me to dust off my Royal Albert Country Roses setting and plan some occasions to use it. Thank you.

Thermoheaven thanks for the Victoria's Basement link. I went there yesterday and got the matching teapot that I have wanted for ages but always thought was too expensive. 

Fabulous food, beautiful china, friendship and generosity across the world. Loving this thread. It is an inspiration on so many levels!
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2011, 02:25:36 am »
The other place to check and compare for prices is petersofkensington.com.au. The only reason why i posted the Victoria's basement link was because they've been advertising and i thought the pattern looked mighty familiar, and it was.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2011, 04:13:45 am »
Thanks djinni - it was really nice to use the OCR and I also enjoyed all the cooking. So glad I inspired you. I am going to use it more often as it is really nice to drink tea of out of fine bone china.

I too am enjoying this thread.

I would love to buy the Lady C china too - but I think one set is enough for now.

Hally

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2011, 05:11:22 am »

I priced the LC yesterday, $1300 for a 20 piece setting  :o

I know where I will be buying mine from:
http://www.victoriasbasement.com.au/Product_subcategory.aspx?ParCatID=DW&SubCat1=DWRALC

That's a fabulous price on V/Basement  :o

I was fortunate to find and pick up the L.C. - full  8 person setting  (it was a "made in China" replica  :P).  It was in a vintage store that had just opened up close by.  I Swooped it quick smart! You might see it in some of my posts.
$100 for the lot! and that included milk, sugar & cream jugs

It fools many people.....until they flip it over and read it's origins  :P
.........EAT CAKE!