Author Topic: How do you use your Thermomix?  (Read 14400 times)

Offline berringamababe

• View Profile
Re: How do you use your Thermomix?
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2013, 12:37:33 pm »
Wow! True blue thermomix lover :)

What are your favourite dishes, berringamababe?

I steam my veggies most days, today I made pea and ham soup. Last week i made lemon meringue, cakes, scones.
Yesterday I made whole orange cake and blackberry jam I use the forum lots but mostly just convert my everyday recipes.  Endless!
I am a very 'old fashion' country cook mostly, my daughter makes lots of quirky jo's recipes.
I even blend up scraps for my chooks and worm cafe and i cook up veggies and meat for my dogs.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 12:41:21 pm by judydawn »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2013, 12:39:25 pm »
BZB I think you are off to a brilliant thermomix start.

I use mine for porridge if we are having it. If I have oranges I make juice with it. I make all my biscuits in it and lots of my cakes.
I make all my bread, jams etc. something I never did before. I use it a lot for soup and for the all in one meals on here.
In the summer I make all my icecream.

Today I made some bread rolls to take with us on a picnic tomorrow. I made a quick chicken and Vegie soup for lunch. I made some hamburger rolls for dinner. I chopped veggies to hide in the hamburgers and then mixed it in with the tmx. I also made a rice pudding for sweets.
Yesterday it was used to make DH's birthday cake and the icing for it as well as soup and a risoni pasta dish for dinner.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2013, 01:30:57 pm »
Bedlam, I recall our conversation at Ikea. You mentioned how cooking in the TMX is second nature now. Wish I was like that already...but got to learn the ropes first. No short cut. Hang on! The short cuts come from my friends on this fab forum xx

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 01:32:23 pm »
Obbie and Wonder, you guys have so many toys ;D

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2013, 01:45:25 pm »
Thanks for your list of favourites, Judy. The next thing on my wish list is Tenina's book. Hope to buy it when I attend one of her future classes. That way I can save on delivery charges :)

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2013, 01:50:26 pm »
Deniser, sounds like it's a matter of time before grandbaby moves on to spices ;D

I love my chilli and spices! Can't go without the burn for more than a couple of days. Hahaha

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2013, 01:52:30 pm »
Kimmy, thanks for your faves and invaluable tips. Very useful.

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2013, 01:57:26 pm »
BZB I think you are off to a brilliant thermomix start.

I use mine for porridge if we are having it. If I have oranges I make juice with it. I make all my biscuits in it and lots of my cakes.
I make all my bread, jams etc. something I never did before. I use it a lot for soup and for the all in one meals on here.
In the summer I make all my icecream.

Today I made some bread rolls to take with us on a picnic tomorrow. I made a quick chicken and Vegie soup for lunch. I made some hamburger rolls for dinner. I chopped veggies to hide in the hamburgers and then mixed it in with the tmx. I also made a rice pudding for sweets.
Yesterday it was used to make DH's birthday cake and the icing for it as well as soup and a risoni pasta dish for dinner.

You're making me drool, Cookie. I need more free time to play with my Thermomix - your list is sinfully delicious :D

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2013, 02:07:42 pm »
Deniser, sounds like it's a matter of time before grandbaby moves on to spices ;D

I love my chilli and spices! Can't go without the burn for more than a couple of days. Hahaha

We are the same BZB we crave our spicy food and all of our kids too.  :)

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2013, 02:25:45 pm »
Thanks for your list of favourites, Judy. The next thing on my wish list is Tenina's book. Hope to buy it when I attend one of her future classes. That way I can save on delivery charges :)
The bookshop near Myer at gardencity has a good range of  thermie books including Teninas
Denise

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2013, 11:10:52 pm »
BZB,  thanks for asking this question.  I always learn from the feedback.  Kimmyh, brush for the crumbs,  excellent idea. 
I use my TMX every day,  but still use the stove,  and  slow cooker.   Very large quantities of jam or chicken stock on the stove,  and crock pot if I am out of kitchen for the day. 
The recipes and feed back on the Forum are priceless.
Keep trying new recipes and use the Varoma.

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2013, 11:30:26 pm »
The bookshop near Myer at gardencity has a good range of  thermie books including Teninas

Ooh...guess I will have to go shopping then, bedlam ;D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2013, 12:17:20 am »
Beezeebee, my toys are fun, yes I have lots for my kitchen, but my DH has 4  utes, and his 2 expensive toys. ( 2 old cars)
My kitchen stuff is no where as expensive.. Makes me happy, and all well fed. ;D ;D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2013, 12:44:17 am »
Obbie, a well-fed well-stocked car-for-everyone happy home :)

Offline Deeau

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2013, 12:46:52 am »
I too very rarely use my stove, I was in the process of planning a kitchen renovation when I bought my TM 3 1/2 years ago, after the arrival of my Thermie I rarely used my stove anymore so never spent the $ on a new stove. Instead I had a timber cover made for the gas stove and the TM now lives on that under the rangehood, it quickly moves on the bench if on the rare occasion I want the gas stove.
I do not have a mixer at all so use my TM for all my baking ( of which there is allot ) and about 60 % of my evening meals ( along with my slow/pressure cooker )