Author Topic: Miracle spray  (Read 227954 times)

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
Re: Miracle spray
« Reply #135 on: July 01, 2012, 05:36:08 pm »
Made lemon eucalyptus this time, still without sprayer bottle though.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2012, 10:38:14 am »
I made this today with tea tree oil, as that is what I had in the cupboard. I cleaned up some mouldy grout near the shower, the shower caddy and cleaned the floors with it. My DD said that our place now smells like grandmas
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline Lilli33

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 02, 2012, 11:23:55 am »
Lol, that's too funny Sue. Grandmas house...

Dede yeah I know what you mean. And it makes you realize some areas you don't scrub weekly ... Build up without you noticing till they suddenly look 'dirty'. Feels good to have the grout back to white, ESP as the bathroom next door has NEW grout!!! Lol.
TC owner from Adelaide. Thanks for sharing the journey and inspiring me to cook new things.

Mum to DS 9 DD7 and DS almost 2

Offline leoness79

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2012, 01:22:13 pm »
I don't know if I did something wrong but this leaves streaks and oily film over everything I clean with it??? Nice smelling though!

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #139 on: July 02, 2012, 01:35:37 pm »
Too much oil maybe? I find that it can leave a bit of a powdery film if not wiped off properly. Haven't noticed an oily film at all.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 02, 2012, 09:10:38 pm »
I made half quantity with 11mls lemon eucalyptus. Seems a bit too strong..
DD complaining everything smells of lemon.
Think that is an overstatement but I think it may be too strong.
May dilute some more.

How many drops or mls do you add of oils?

Offline Lilli33

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 03, 2012, 02:08:56 am »
Yeah when I did the windows it def needs the squeegee to be clear. So I think maybe the oil is doing the streamlines. Maybe I'll make another batc or half batch with none and add together. After all I'm happy with no scent or a mild one.

Now that you mention it where I cleaned the grout the are sort of footprints visible on the tiles. Which I think is due I a film.... Might have to play around. I might refer to the link too!
TC owner from Adelaide. Thanks for sharing the journey and inspiring me to cook new things.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 03, 2012, 02:28:23 am »
when I wipe over my stainless steel oven it leaves a film so I just rinse out sponge and wipe again. I think I usually do that with other cleaners too. I cleaned my washing machine with it had lots of lint under the lid around the barrel and everywhere. Came up like new. Then I lifted out the lint filter......  (if you haven't done yours for a while, I suggest you do) ...I nearly gagged, but its all good now. I am going to run it through with the HOTTEST wash, let the machine fill without any clothes in as apparently that gives it a thorough clean and pour a 2 litre bottle of vinegar into the water for a complete cycle. The vinegar will remove the scum and gunk and any hard water buildup in the bowl and hoses.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Lilli33

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 03, 2012, 05:50:13 am »
Great job CP. yeah I know exactly what you mean about gag. If my front loader is having trouble spinning out the water usually there's a coin or stuff stuck in the lint filter. And man, whenever I have cleaned it, it stinks!

Good idea about the vinegar and a wash, might do just that!!!

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 03, 2012, 07:10:53 am »
yes, my front loader was making a terrible racket, so I rang the repair shop and they suggested I clean the filter. I found over 20 dollars in coins, shells, a spring and a few other odds and sods. It was still making a racket, so I had them come out. The repairman checked the filter and couldnt find anything, so thought that the pump was broken. He double checked the filter before ordering the part & he found a white piece of plastic way down the back that was the cause of the problem. DS had been playing with an old white mac keyboard, and had obviously left a key in his pocket which lodged in the machine. It cost me $90 for the call out. DS was not in my good books!

It pays to clean the filter regularly!
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline Lilli33

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 03, 2012, 07:31:06 am »
Oh no... Well atleast he couldn't blame you!!!

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 03, 2012, 09:24:55 am »
I'm just wondering if the film would be caused by the fact that most dishwasher detergents are concentrated nowadays? I'd be inclined to reduce the washing liquid in the recipe to see if it helps.  If it says your detergent is double concentrate reduce it by half.  I've not tried it myself but just a thought.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 03, 2012, 10:53:19 am »
I was told by a repairman to cut back on the powder as the recommended dosage on the packets was way too much.

"Fabric softeners leave a film over the mesh that actually stops the water from getting through. You need to get rid of this build up." quoted from my Cath Armstrong book.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 03, 2012, 02:48:10 pm »
I really didn't think it would work for me but it did!!!! :o I can't believe it  :o :o :o

I'm in the process of doing  my kitchen floor which has tiles like dede's laundry and I've struggled to find something to really clean it but this is effortless! I've only done a test patch but all you have to do is spray, wait 10 minutes then it instantly comes off as soon as you start scrubbing!!!

Thanks so much dede for posting this in a thread of its own and posting your before and after cleaning photos - that's what made me try it! THanks to the others that dede got this from too!

I will post some before and after pics when done too!

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #149 on: July 03, 2012, 09:37:16 pm »
It's great when you find something that actually works.
My DD 8 once made up a mixture of water and washing powder and I don't know what else, she accidentally spilt it on my tiles. And when I cleaned it up the patch where she spilt it come up really clean. But she couldnt remember what she put in it (or didn't want to tell me) I tried all sorts as well like you to make cleaning them easier without any success until the miracle spray.
It's great stuff :D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.