Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4515072 times)

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #11175 on: January 09, 2014, 02:31:02 am »
I've been swayed too - bought a vacuum sealer  ;D  This is one kitchen toy DH is more excited about than me!! 

Oooh, Aunty Karen is going to the top of the best aunty list....did you get lots of bands?  We are already well into the second bag of 600, and have ordered more!
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #11176 on: January 09, 2014, 02:33:23 am »
Oooh, Aunty Karen is going to the top of the best aunty list....did you get lots of bands?  We are already well into the second bag of 600, and have ordered more!

I got one extra bag of bands to go with it Jo  ;)
Karen in Adelaide

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11177 on: January 10, 2014, 02:56:24 am »
Went into Tea2 today to buy a $10 teapot. Came out with this.

I never would have,  in my wildest dreams, bought  a tea that costs $450 a kilo if it weren't  for Hally.  Gee thanks!!

A $10 tea pot cost me over $80.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11178 on: January 10, 2014, 03:12:39 am »
Not surprising Gert.  Enjoy it.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #11179 on: January 10, 2014, 03:42:51 am »
whats the teas name? it must taste like gold  ;D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

stacelee

« Reply #11180 on: January 10, 2014, 03:45:39 am »
Enjoy Gert.  I got 6 of my glasses last night and resisted buying anything else apart from a couple of iced teas.  My mother has apparently bought me more of the glasses today :)....I'll be able to get rid of my icky old glasses.  I'm going to have to behave for a while now once my POK order arrives....I'll get the usual comments about needing a bigger kitchen to fit all my crap....I'm not going to admit that I'm waiting to place an order on one of our suppliers for a couple of boxes of Weck jars (I just have to decide what size and shape I want).

Was it the Buddha's Tears that was the expensive one....have looked at it a couple of times.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #11181 on: January 10, 2014, 04:52:29 am »
In the supermarket aisle where all the soaps are I found a Scholl electronic foot file. Its shape is similar to a razor however it has a rolling sandpaper that just sands away the dead skin on the foot. My feet are now as smooth as a baby's bottom and no longer embarrasing.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #11182 on: January 10, 2014, 05:03:57 am »
Yes Stacelee it is Buddha's Tears. For that pot you need only 6 - 8 tears and I have made two pots. The second pot I  reused the tears and added a rose bud.  It has a long brew time and temp of only 80 degrees.

I love it.

The other I love is Iron Goddess of Mercy which has a similiar flavour.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline spikesmum

• View Profile
« Reply #11183 on: January 10, 2014, 06:04:36 am »
In the supermarket aisle where all the soaps are I found a Scholl electronic foot file. Its shape is similar to a razor however it has a rolling sandpaper that just sands away the dead skin on the foot. My feet are now as smooth as a baby's bottom and no longer embarrasing.
Sounds fab CP, must look out for that!

Chris
Never give up, it's often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #11184 on: January 10, 2014, 06:17:21 am »
How many cups of tea a day do you all drink? DD bought me one of the small jugs and some Ice tea (I think they are anyway), I haven't tried them yet as I'm not sure if i just use the tea or have to add something else to it. i've never been a tea drinker but love the look of the T2 products.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #11185 on: January 10, 2014, 06:52:06 am »
I received the iced tea jug for Christmas but no 'iced tea' tea...T2 is not at my nearest shopping Centre so I need to make a special trip.  On Christmas day, my sister used hers with tea and added lemon, mint and soda water.  It was very refreshing.
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #11186 on: January 10, 2014, 07:27:54 am »
Love reading this thread.....
I bought a tin of exterior paint yesterday to paint the new render on the corners of the new windows... Don't think that is quite what the shopping thread is for. LOL.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #11187 on: January 10, 2014, 07:36:12 am »
Even paint is shopping ;D

Gert

stacelee

« Reply #11188 on: January 10, 2014, 07:54:57 am »
Wonder,

Just use tea leaves in the insert.  For my 1 litre jug I use about 5 to 6 scoops and between 8 to 12 in the 2 litre jug.  I usually half fill them with hot water, let them seep for anything up to 10 minutes depending what sort of tea it is.  I then remove the tea leaves in the insert and top the jug up with cold water and put it in the fridge.  I'm too lazy to bother but my daughter will often put different fruit into the insert and put it back into the jug like they do at T2.  My favourite combination at the moment is Ayurvedic Passion and either Pumping Pomegranate or Raspberry Rush.  I also don't mind straight Strawberries & Cream (didn't like it at first but it's grown on me) and Citrus Punch is okay.

You don't have to just use the jug as a chilled jug.  DH and I both use them at work as a teapot....we both have them that they sit on the desk with whatever tea we are currently into.  I'm currently drinking Red Green and Dreamy and he is alternating between Red Green Vanilla, Montelle and Apple Crumble.  All of those are teas which taste okay hot, cold and lukewarm.

I shouldn't have opened the latest email from POK :(...they have more stuff on sale that I would like, and I haven't received my last order from them....I'm superglueing my wallet shut!

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #11189 on: January 10, 2014, 08:15:47 am »
I tried a couple of the tisanes and have decided aim just a plain tea drinker with no added flavours and certainly no sugar. I use my jug for straight out tea which I like cold. I put a few teaspoons in, fill it half way with boiling water, leave it for 10 minutes then top with ice before putting it back in the fridge on it's side as it is  the big one.

Gert