Author Topic: Basil Loaf (Green Cheese Bread)  (Read 4916 times)

Offline RhubarbWhine

• Rhu
    • View Profile
    • Rhubarb Whine
Basil Loaf (Green Cheese Bread)
« on: February 03, 2013, 04:19:59 am »
I thought you might like to see my bread from today. This is the first time I have ventured away from a 'recipe' and made my own recipe based on the successes and failures I've had since Christmas.  I am very pleased with the look and the taste, and the texture isn't too dense.  Hope you don't mind me sharing.
QLD Australia      http://www.rhubarbwhine.com

Offline Alexis

• View Profile
Re: Basil Loaf (Green Cheese Bread)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 04:29:43 am »
It looks lovely, Rhubarbwhine. I've jet made some bread too, just the old TM bread front the EDC.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 04:40:11 am »
Well done RW, will you be posting the recipe? :)

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 04:41:15 am »
RW we love to see you sharing. that's what this forum is all about. Well done x
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline Alexis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 04:41:51 am »
Hi again, Rhu. I've just read your blog and know just how you are feeling. I have resigned from school because of admin problems and too many chiefs. I'm LOVING it, although I'll probably have to go back relief teaching, which gives me the shudders.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 05:09:07 am »
looks good
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 05:17:23 am »
RW - I just read your blog . . . and you're thinking of going back in 12 months?  Take time for everything to sink in and for yourself to surface from all the drama.  Something, just something, might pop up out of the blue for you.  I certainly hope so!

Love your bread . . . thanks for that - would you be able to post the recipe/your steps sometime? :D

Offline RhubarbWhine

• Rhu
    • View Profile
    • Rhubarb Whine
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 05:19:43 am »
Thank you very much, everyone. Amy :-) and goldfish - I am happy to share the recipe and when I type it up properly will share with pleasure. Sharing is good :)  

Alexis - thank you for the kind words. So nice to hear from someone who understands the politics and unrealistic expectations that come with teaching. If I have to hear anyone say 'oh, all those holidays' again my eyeroll will have my eyes vanish in the back of my head. I know people don't understand the difference between recess leave and the kids holidays - (who do get holidays!) Goldfish - I am hedging my bets. Whilst on leave, I at least have a job to go back to - I will see how I feel.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 06:14:47 am »
RW I empathise with you. I retired from teaching ( I was retirement age) because of the politics of the admin. I was acting admin at the time and we had an acting boss come in. Yuck x 1000000. I got out.

I have just checked your blog out. Love it, especially the vision of you in the 'ladies' pulling control products up. I had a lovely laugh. Years ago when they were fashionable last time round my DH called them 5 pounds thinner undergarments.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline RhubarbWhine

• Rhu
    • View Profile
    • Rhubarb Whine
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 06:29:21 am »
RW I empathise with you. I retired from teaching ( I was retirement age) because of the politics of the admin. I was acting admin at the time and we had an acting boss come in. Yuck x 1000000. I got out.

I have just checked your blog out. Love it, especially the vision of you in the 'ladies' pulling control products up. I had a lovely laugh. Years ago when they were fashionable last time round my DH called them 5 pounds thinner undergarments.

Thanks Cookie.  Many of the senior teachers, and good teachers with morals and ethics - are leaving. There's very few left to mentor the new. I feel sad for what I see happen, but you are on the money - we must do what's right for us at the given time.

I am still so tired, and very 'wound', I am so used to living with the pressure of the 'unfinished', 'what next', and 'working on the weekend and midnight most nights'.  Lucky  my love  of cooking has always been my stress release, so I can remind myself to get busy in the kitchen.

Thanks for the ki8nd words on my blog. I love to write.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 07:32:49 am »
Great loaf RW. I have never ventured away from a bread recipe before. Congratulations on being game and thanks for sharing your success.