Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6037418 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #24435 on: October 02, 2020, 12:08:54 pm »
What a lovely surprise, when we picked Nic up he was full of beans. Chattering away to all the vet nurses. He is a bit worn out now as he had a general anaesthetic. He is eating happily. His nasty lump is gone. Hopefully he won’t try to bite the wound. We have to try and keep him calm for 10-14 days! He already wants to come out of his cage and fly around. I guess he may be sore  tomorrow, although we have painkillers to give him and antibiotics. That will be fun.

Chookie I am a big list writer. I have them for all sorts of things. Even if I want to get lots done in a day I wil, write myself a list.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24436 on: October 02, 2020, 02:22:24 pm »
Good news cookie.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #24437 on: October 02, 2020, 10:19:06 pm »
Chookie I am such a list writer I seem to always have  two when  shopping !
I was rushing to get everything done as boys waiting to get home . Great new Cookie re Nic .
So warm yesterday . DS finished setting up new weather gage, now we can see inside outside temp , winds speeds and lots more .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #24438 on: October 02, 2020, 11:47:43 pm »
Cookie, so good to hear that Nic Is ok.  What a chirpy little fella he is.  Have fun getting the medicine into him.
Not doing much today except experimenting with the Plain wholemeal flour  and the Japanese milk bread.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #24439 on: October 03, 2020, 01:21:53 am »
Glad to hear that Nic is doing fine, Cookie.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24440 on: October 03, 2020, 07:19:05 am »
Thank you all. Bird sitting is hard work I have found. He is supposed to stay in his cage for several days, no chance of that. With the door closed he is on it trying to get out. I have had him on the small dining room table running round to try and use some energy up. Getting him not to fly or pick at the wound is fun.
The first lot of medicine was managed this morning-only just. I think we will improve as we go along.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #24441 on: October 03, 2020, 11:20:13 pm »
Cookie, we are really enjoying the Nic saga. Thanks.
Daylight saving started today. Clocks forward 1 hour.  Someone suggested 4 months might be good.
Spent an hour on phone with DS. Melbourne family have been in lockdown now for months.  They are coping pretty well.  They are a high tech family , both parents working from home and GC doing the best they can with home schooling. Lots of sharing and caring in their neighbourhood.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24442 on: October 04, 2020, 04:09:55 am »
I really feel for people in Melbourne. The lockdown must be so hard. You are very brave Marina and others that read this.
I’m still Nic sitting. This morning I had him out on the table again, chasing and dropping his hanky over the edge for me to pick up. He is much better with his antibiotics etc now- or we are getting better giving it to him. DD has to draw it up in the syringe as he has 0.07ml and DH and I have trouble with the fine graduations on the syringe.
His cage is on a trolley so this morning when I put him back I wheeled the trolley right into the kitchen with me. He seems happy with that and I can see that he isn’t scratching his wound. I will be pleased when he is permitted to fly around again. He’s had a couple of flights but only short.

I hope tapatalk sorts itself out soon. My photos always go upside down, but at least you get the idea.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 04:12:44 am by cookie1 »

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #24443 on: October 04, 2020, 11:20:34 am »
Lockdown for anyone in Melbourne is getting very monotonous.
Very inventive Cookie putting Nic’s cage on the trolley.
One full on day for DD , worked on her school work and then packed up ( as she did last night to very very late ) everting for return to boarding house this arvo . Car full and very pleased to get back to her friends , it’s going to be a very busy week for her . Two sacs the Gat test art folio work , online learning at the boarding house for the week . DS returns next Sunday, but he starts back online learning tomorrow!
We were lamb marking tomorrow but due to rain put off till Tuesday.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #24444 on: October 05, 2020, 01:20:22 am »
K ATIE, hope things settle a bit for you once DD and DS are back at school.
Things are a bit boring here.  Trying  not to order anything this week. 

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #24445 on: October 05, 2020, 12:48:59 pm »
Chookie right now it seems it’s never ending but I hope it will settle down soon .
This afternoon DH DS and I went for a drive to another part of the farm intending to use DS drone to take photos of the crops and canola , showers and windy prevented it . But it was good to get out even though I was squished in the middle of the Ute . We always think this was not a good idea late arvo evening as if we get bogged there is no one to help , trust me it’s happened to DH and eventually it works out .
Quieter day as DD not here but I did some washing .

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #24446 on: October 06, 2020, 12:24:07 am »
Due to on-going computer hassles I am just catching up on everything.  Good to see Nic is 'chirpy' again, Chookie.

DH, myself and a couple of friends went on a picnic to the local park on Sunday.  It was a perfect day for it, warm and, with the cloud cover, no direct sunlight to blind us.  It was DH's first day out of the building for a good couple of weeks.  It was so nice to just sit and relax with some simple dips and bread to nibble on and, I am pretty sure, an illegal bottle of wine, but that didn't last long and no one spotted it!.  It was also rewarding to see everybody was masked up and respecting social distancing.  It gives us hope of restrictions easing soon ... then there are those idiots at St Kilda beach possibly ruining it for everyone.

I continue to feel that I am one of the lucky ones ... I have got work to keep me busy during the day and I can always enjoy a big adventure ... a walk to the supermarket or post office on a semi-regular basis - maybe, if I play it right, I have to make two runs to the post office on one day, that is always exciting!  I have to admit, though, like Chookie's family, that I am getting fed up with all of this, although I am happy to obey the rules and know they are for our own good, it is still not a lot of fun.  There are so, so many who are suffering badly and I really feel for them so my fingers are crossed for everyone that things will start returning to normal soon.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #24447 on: October 06, 2020, 01:44:04 am »
Marina, so good to see you coping and with such a positive attitude.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24448 on: October 06, 2020, 02:11:22 am »
 I agree with Chookie. People are so negative these days so it’s refreshing to read how you are living and coping with the restrictions Marina.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #24449 on: October 06, 2020, 02:38:00 am »
Supermarket chopping this morning.  Might go to Bunnings again later to buy some potting mix.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.