Author Topic: Another Chocolate cake  (Read 4406 times)

Offline bluesed

• View Profile
Another Chocolate cake
« on: November 17, 2010, 02:13:08 pm »
I just love cake and especially chocolate cake :P

Here is the recipe for a chocolate cake i made last week. I dont really use the TM for cakes as i have a Major Classic so you have to work a bit to adapt the recipe for TM but i think it should be easy.

Ingredients for the dough:

140 g egg whites
50 g sugar

3 fresh eggs
140 g sugar
140 g plain flour
30 g chopped almonds
100 g 70% dark chocolate
50 g butter

*Its not a mistake that there is no baking powder as you dont need it for this kind of cakes if you just handle the dough carefully and whip the eggs fluffy so they can carry the cake with air.

Procedure:

Whip the 140 g egg whites with the 50g sugar until firm merengue texture and put aside.

Whip the 3 eggs with 140 g sugar until light and fluffy ( I guess i would use the butterfly)
Sift in the flour in 3 parts while stirring gently in between.
When adding the last part of flour add also the melted chocolate and melted butter (max 50 celcius) and the almonds.

Finally fold in the meringue and scrape out the dough into a springform with baking paper in the buttom and around the sides.

Bake for 25 minutes at 175 Celsius.

When done let it chill for 10 minutes before taking it out of the form.

Cake can be eaten like this or divided into 2 or 3 layers and filled with mousse de chocolate or some custard or a mix.

Last time i made it i had 2 layers of mousse de chocolate and then i covered the whole cake with chocolate/cream frosting and sprinkled with almonds.

Enjoy :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Another Chocolate cake
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 01:11:41 am »
This sounds like a special occasion cake. Useful for this time of the year. I can almost taste it as I read the recipe. Thanks Bluesed.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline bluesed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 07:31:52 am »
Well the good thing about this cake is that you can actually prepare everything the day before and it evens get better when you let it stay one day in the fridge. All the "juices" mix up with the cake so its get even more delicious. Just take it out of the fridge an hour or two before you eat it.

And its not as complicated as it might sound. It usually takes me about 30 minutes to prepare the cake and the mousse and then 5 minutes to assemble it.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 09:07:09 am »
Im going to try it if I get a chance on the weekend as I am thinking it is going to be REALLY nice bluesed  ;D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline bluesed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 11:43:08 am »
Will post some pictures later when i make it.