Author Topic: Varoma  (Read 5767 times)

Offline janetski

• View Profile
Varoma
« on: July 18, 2013, 02:52:58 am »
Could someone please tell me why, when I follow directions to the "T", when I attempt to put time/veroma/speed in, the dial won't move?  Is there a particular order I should follow, i.e.speed/time/veroma?  Have ingredients all set to go but no go !!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 03:17:27 pm by judydawn »

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
Re: Veroma
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 02:56:44 am »
Usually time, temp, speed is the way to go, so should be fine.  Check that your lid is clicked in - has it beeped as you lock it into position?  I occasionally have to unlock the lid and re-lock it once or twice before the dial will turn.

Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 02:58:51 am »
Hi, time/temp/ speed.. :)

sometimes I take the lid off, and the jug out, then put them back, and it works.

Happy cooking :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
Varoma
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 05:30:17 am »
Hi.  Yes, as the girls have told you - Time then Temperature then Speed.

The not turning the dial problem probably comes from the fact that when you put the lid on you need to hear the electronic signal.  If it's on properly the dial will move freely.  Don't force it.  Just breathe and do as Obbie suggested re undoing and doing it again.

Good luck.  It is very important to get onto using your Varoma as it can make so much food at a time.  Last week I made 2.2 kg of corned beef (took two hours to steam but was delicious and tender) and today just had a demo to show Salmon and Veges steaming above soup cooking in the bowl.  I love it for desserts too.  And one of my colleagues reminded me that while you're making jam you can be sterilising the bottles in the Varoma at the same time. 

Enjoy!
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 05:52:18 am »
Cecilia, that's a great tip I hadn't heard before - will be doing that with my jars next time I make jam.  Thanks!  ;D
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
Re: Varoma
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 02:15:41 pm »

Good luck.  It is very important to get onto using your Varoma as it can make so much food at a time.  Last week I made 2.2 kg of corned beef (took two hours to steam but was delicious and tender) and today just had a demo to show Salmon and Veges steaming above soup cooking in the bowl.  I love it for desserts too.  And one of my colleagues reminded me that while you're making jam you can be sterilising the bottles in the Varoma at the same time.  

Enjoy!
Like the tip for sterilising bottles while making jam.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 09:40:13 am by judydawn »
Denise

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: Varoma
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 08:38:27 am »
Yes! Sterilising bottles trick - love it! thanks for sharing :)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 12:55:03 pm »
Me too. A lovely way to sterilise bottles.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Ekusumo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 09:30:12 am »
Hi Cecilia,
How long should I put the jars in varoma to sterilize them?

Hi.  Yes, as the girls have told you - Time then Temperature then Speed.

The not turning the dial problem probably comes from the fact that when you put the lid on you need to hear the electronic signal.  If it's on properly the dial will move freely.  Don't force it.  Just breathe and do as Obbie suggested re undoing and doing it again.

Good luck.  It is very important to get onto using your Varoma as it can make so much food at a time.  Last week I made 2.2 kg of corned beef (took two hours to steam but was delicious and tender) and today just had a demo to show Salmon and Veges steaming above soup cooking in the bowl.  I love it for desserts too.  And one of my colleagues reminded me that while you're making jam you can be sterilising the bottles in the Varoma at the same time. 

Enjoy!