Author Topic: Bouquet Garni Sachet  (Read 5935 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Bouquet Garni Sachet
« on: September 18, 2009, 09:16:55 am »
Has anyone here used a bouquet garni sachet in the TMX? If so, did it break? I want to make my chicken liver pate and don't want it green!

Gretchen
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
Re: Bouquet Garni Sachet
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 01:43:05 pm »
How "big" is the recipe Gretchen? Would you be able to put the sachet in the basket while the rest is cooking to infuse the flavours without the risk of it breaking? This would work if you had enough liquid in the recipe to flow through the basket as it was cooking I think.
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 12:05:41 am »
Great idea faffa. I had thought about that but with only 600 gms of chicken livers and 300 gms of butter it might just be enough or not!. I once made the pate for a Christmas party and the bouquet garni did break but  put the green down to being Christmas and no one knew the difference! Another time I made my own bouquet and forgot about it being tied with ribbon which  I saw later being pulled from the lips of a guest. I told her she had just won the door prize. Thank goodness she did not gag and had a sense of humour.. I will try it on reverse and 1 if I think the basket won't work. Let you know how it goes.

Cheers,
Gretchen

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 02:43:14 am »
Well the answer is that the sachet did not break when I cooked the chicken liver mixture for 8 minutes at 100  on speed  ^^ with  :-: . I am very happy and the 600 gms of livers made 8 small pots. One to eat and the rest in the freezer. Now to make the bread to go with it.

Thanks for your help faffa.

Gretchen

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 03:02:34 am »
A bit late gretchen, but if you put the Butterfly in then it might reduce the chances of it bursting too.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 03:30:00 am »
I once made the pate for a Christmas party and the bouquet garni did break but  put the green down to being Christmas and no one knew the difference! Another time I made my own bouquet and forgot about it being tied with ribbon which  I saw later being pulled from the lips of a guest. I told her she had just won the door prize. Thank goodness she did not gag and had a sense of humour
Gretchen
  ;D ;D ;D It pays to have a quick response up your sleeve Gretchen ;D ;D ;D  Your parties sound fun ;) ;) how many other party tricks have you used on your guests ??? ???
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 04:09:36 am »
Now why didn't I think about the butterfly Judy. Great idea. My party tricks depend on how much wine I have used in the cooking.. You know the old saying " I love to cook with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food"

Gretchen

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 04:15:27 am »
That wasn't my idea Gretchen, it came from Thermomixer :D :D  Thanks for thinking I would be so clever as to think that one up :P :P
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 07:56:34 am »
Sorry Thermomixer. Maybe we are bimbettes Judy!