Author Topic: Two Minute Noodle Fritters  (Read 19077 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Two Minute Noodle Fritters
« on: June 20, 2014, 06:12:53 am »
If  anyone told me I would ever buy or eat two minute noodles I would have told them they were dreaming!

But a few weeks ago. I went to an art show where one of the artists provided a huge array of food cooked by her and her children for all the Adults and children who attended.

I spotted a big plate of fritters that the kids were hoeing into. I could not figure out what they were so I decided to take my life in my hands and eat what the kids were eating. After eating one I still had no idea what they were so I had another. Delicious. I then asked the kids what they were and I was given a Master Class by the 12 year old cook.

I decided to make an adult version. I know many of you know all about these things but to me it was a revelation . I tried out the first batch and they were devoured by Dh and me And I am ashamed to say it did not take us long.

Tonight DH's is going to The Cape York Herpetalogical Society meeting while I am going out to dinner at a lovely Thai Restaurant just next door to his meeting place. Some snake people bring along a plate  of usually sweet treats but savoury is my thing so here goes.

I bought a 5 pack of Indo Mie instant Noodles Mi Goring flavour hot and spicy. Only 2 bucks at Woolies.

Opened 3 packets, removed the little flavour thingies put the noodles into a bowl added water and cooked them in the Microwave for  3 minutes.

Then I opened the flavour thingies put in a bowl and added Smokes paprika for colour and flavour, celery salt as I am trying to get rid of it   2 eggs, some self raising flour and a couple of birds eye chillies .  Chopped up a couple of green onions and gave it a stir. After rinsing the noodles I tossed them into the bowl and really the only way to mix it is with your hands. I did cut through the mess with a scissors to break up the noodles because. I forgot to do this before I cooked them.

All you then have to do is dollop some in a fry pan , flip when done in one side then flatten them and cook until done. Not long. I made 45 small ones so 15 per packet .

So easy. If you allow your kids to eat that crap with all the MSG and fake stuff then these are a treat. My kids would have loved them. They would be good for dipping into various sauces.

Pics to follow with Tapatalk.

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Two Minute Noodle Fritters
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 06:18:02 am »
Gert you are a wonder. DH likes 2 minute noodles so I will make him some of these.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 06:18:47 am »

Since I have been interested in these I have since found that I must be the only one on earth who has never eaten Instant Noodles. Mothers hide grated veg in these things.

Gert
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 06:25:51 am by Gertbysea »

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Bootobethin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 06:20:44 am »
Thanks Gert these are yummy and easy. They are good for bring a plate functions.
I think the reason they are so good is because they have flavour enhancers in the flavour packs.
I still think they are great and tasty!
Thanks again for the adult version.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 06:43:15 am »
I was never into them either Gert but I have tried them added to some chicken soup just to give some added flavour.  Your patties sound very tasty.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 06:52:47 am »
We've never been big fans in our house, but these look really good and I've got no issue with the odd bit of msg/flavours/additives

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 06:53:14 am »
Good one Gert, my DP loves two minute noodles sometimes has them for breakfast,  ( No, not for me). I will make some to go with our dinner tonight and give them a try.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 08:55:09 am »
These look so good Gert 8)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 09:42:36 am »
What a great, and simple, idea Gert.  Thanks for posting this one.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 10:27:11 am »
Enjoyed these, just added the flavour sachets I egg and some SR flour to one pkt,  the grand kids will love these.

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 10:42:46 am »
Love the idea and I'm sure kids would like these fritters 😁 but thinking of not using the sachets? Replace with garlic powder, chopped onions etc.

Should be yum.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 02:13:16 pm »
The flavour sachets probably are not so bad I guess as they are a tiny amount but who would have thunk it they would be so tasty fried?

DH said they were well received at the critter thingy he went to while I dined out in style at the Thai restaurant.

Gert

Offline Persistenttiger

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 03:00:57 pm »
Brings back childhood memories! My dad used to make these.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2014, 03:43:42 pm »
Where have your been persistentiger? Miss ya.

Gert

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2014, 06:30:13 am »
Gert, my kids love 2 minute noodles, I will make these.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url