Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6135145 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #22095 on: October 03, 2018, 08:20:22 pm »
Katie is all sounds very painful. Follow everyone's advice and rest up if at all possible.

I did the food shopping this morning. I had just lugged it all in and DH arrived home from the Car Club! I agree with doing away with plastic bags but now I find I need so many bags, otherwise they are filled so much and are so heavy I can hardly carry them. I wasn't looking this morning and one bag had 5 x 2litre containers of milk, plus other bits of cold stuff.
I know what you mean about the weight of bags, Cookie.  I now use a shopping trolley when I go to the market ... I got sick of feeling like a pack horse on shopping days.  Now, when I go to the supermarket it is generally for a 'top up' so not so many heavy bags.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #22096 on: October 03, 2018, 09:29:31 pm »
Still getting use to having lots of bags too , always put the cold bags first and the cold food at checkout .
DD and I did take it easy yesterday and stayed another night . You would not believe it but DS got a tummy bug and was so ill yesterday , DH had to be the nurse for him . OK so now there needs to be only positive thinking in our world because this is ridiculous. So we saw heaps of friends while out yesterday which was great ! DD got lots of cuddles from DB and DM Hungarian Vizsla’s .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #22097 on: October 03, 2018, 11:37:48 pm »
More gardening.  Lovely being outside. Visitors for afternoon tea. Better bake something.  Pumpkin and Walnut cake might do.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22098 on: October 04, 2018, 12:20:11 pm »
I have to admit to having a Nanna nap today.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #22099 on: October 04, 2018, 01:43:01 pm »
More gardening.  Lovely being outside. Visitors for afternoon tea. Better bake something.  Pumpkin and Walnut cake might do.
Actually it was Pumpkin and Date cake and they loved it.  I had just taken it out of the oven when they arrived. Nothing like fresh cake.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22100 on: October 05, 2018, 02:00:41 am »
Especially when it is still slightly warm.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22101 on: October 05, 2018, 05:31:25 pm »
Just grocery shopping this morning. On my way home called in to the local pet store to buy another sack of dog food. Lots of road works with temporary traffic lights on my journey.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22102 on: October 06, 2018, 10:46:41 am »
My gardener was here for 3 hours this morning then I visited the nursing home, late afternoon I popped down to see the kids then called back into the home for a short time on my way back. That’s Saturday done and dusted, now I have my feet up.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22103 on: October 06, 2018, 11:50:01 am »
The days often go very quickly Judy. DD and I went shopping this morning. She has a wedding coming up next month and she bought a beautiful dress to wear to it, and another lovely one to wear to the work Christmas do. DH is driving the bride and groom in one of the old cars. I just hope it doesn't break down!!!

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22104 on: October 06, 2018, 01:31:27 pm »
Yikes, so do I cookie.  It’s not really something you can guarantee is it !  Fingers crossed it all goes well, it will look so good in the photos.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22105 on: October 07, 2018, 07:33:07 am »
DD is attending the wedding so the bride and groom may have to carried in a Toyota Prado. Last time he was the 'bride carrier' I came along behind at a distance with tools etc.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #22106 on: October 07, 2018, 09:48:36 pm »
Cookie,  that does sound like great fun.
We are having a mini holiday.  Yesterday we visited a wild flower display at Pomonal. We overnighted it at Dunkeld, at the Royal Mail Hotel. We got the last room available.  Happened to be their deluxroom. Very nice.  Then had dinner in their dining room , breakfast this morning and a guided tour of their kitchen garden.   Photos later.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #22107 on: October 07, 2018, 10:25:33 pm »
Very busy Judy . What fun to be part of such special wedding memories Cookie . Chookie enjoy your time at Dunkield kitchen garden .
Last day of school holidays, off to parent teacher interviews and DD to boarding house with her crutches and leg brace .. could say that these holidays have been full on with family injury and illnesses and driving to appointments . Such a nice sunny weekend even got outside and helped DS clean out the chook house , hoping to get some new chooks this week as we only have lucky who DS let escape fore the day and thought the back door was a nice place to live .

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22108 on: October 08, 2018, 12:34:52 am »
Not heard of any of those places Chookie!  Of course you ended up in the kitchen garden LOL.  Have fun. I’m going to lunch with a friend after feeding DH this morning, like me she was one of the daily visiting relatives that I’ve known now for the 5 years our DH’s were in care together.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #22109 on: October 08, 2018, 04:26:08 am »
The Royal Mail Kitchen garden was amazing.  They use ducks and Chooks to control the snails and slugs. They host Chefs from all around the world, usually in 6 week blocks.  They teach them how things grow and the time it takes.  It is usually a 6 month planning process. The head gardener gave me a practical tip on growing seeds. What a wonderful experience.