Author Topic: Chocolate Cake -Vegan (egg, dairy, soy free, and failsafe)with Vegan Buttercream  (Read 31156 times)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The combination of cake with a truck,every little boys dream :D :D Lovely cake Lee :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
Yes JD, he had a construction themed party, lots of tip trucks and diggers. His father is a diesel mechanic, I can't imagine where he gets his enthusiasm for them from!

Offline 3J

• View Profile
will try this cake tonight...so excited..since this is the first time i will make the cake for my daughter since we know that she's allergic with egg,nut,soya,milk..hope she will like it..thanks for the recipe..:-)

Offline JuliaC83

• View Profile
I think I went wrong somewhere with this one  :D
I followed directions and split into two ring tins. However the first one broke in half as I tried to remove it from the pan, 10 mins after cooling from oven. So the 2nd cake I left for 2 hours, but the same thing happened!! Very very oily. I might try again another day with less oil and see how it goes!
Happily married since 27/03/2004
DS1 2007 Neuroblastoma survivor, Autism, ADHD
DS2 2009
Student Midwife - will graduate at the end of 2014

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Did you line your tin Julia?  That might help remove it in one piece.  I just sit the ring pan onto the baking paper, draw a circle around the bottom, cut the marked circle out, fold it in halves then half again then cut the peak off in an arch which will turn into a circle when you open the paper.  Do it a small bit at a time until your circle is large enough to fit over the hump.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline MEP

• View Profile
Thanks for the link CC. Unfortunately I also have to go nut free as one of the other guest is allergic to nuts. Hence I have looked at quirky cooking's site and she uses a lot of nuts in her recipes. Whilst there are recipes for dairy and nut free, my concern is more about taste. I have made the ILB chocolate cake a few times now and know from experience that it is delicious likewise for the Creamy Vanilla Frosting. Am very hesitant to try another DF and NF recipe only to have it taste very or worse less than ordinary.

From Perth WA

Offline thermilover

• View Profile
Made this cake over the weekend for my in-law's anniversary and they loved it :)
Hubby was surprised that it was an eggless cake...

But just a small query, it was a tad little dry, not sure what I can do to make it a little more moist, any suggestions for next time?

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
I was wondering if anyone has put less sugar in this cake. I would like to try it but nearly 500gms of sugar.
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss