Author Topic: Steam Mops  (Read 19742 times)

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
Re: Steam Mops
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2013, 10:24:46 am »
I haven't been to any sort of a cleaning party - I'm chemical free by force  :'(.  I'm on enviro system, can't use any antibacterials.

Miss the use of bleach - love the smell and results  ;D

Have a look at Norwex. It has silver threaded into the fibre which makes it all anti bacterial. Plus they are really good at cleaning things. I sound like I'm selling the stuff but really I'm not! I just love sharing my discovery of such quality products with people.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2013, 08:33:26 pm »
I had a look at the Norwex site yesterday and my major problem with the floor mop is that you have to actually remove the cleaning head to rinse it then wring it out by hand then put it back on the cleaning head to continue cleaning the floor.  I already have a mop with this system and it is an absolute b*&#@!^ to use.  I hate it.  There was a microfibre mop mentioned earlier, Nature Direct, that looked easier to use and had a more 'conventional' bucket system I think I would be more inclined towards his one, but everyone has their own preferences and what suits one person may not work for someone else.

Not convinced that a steam mop would be my preferred solution, though - I think I would have to give this a bit more thought.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2013, 12:58:10 am »
I have a cleaning lady every fortnight, and a fantastic DH, that swings a broom.
Kids love to vacuum the timber floors..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2013, 06:44:08 am »
Does anyone have a indoor steam cleaner rather than just a mop?

Like this one

http://www.johnlewis.com/polti-vaporetto-evolution-steam-cleaner-kit-with-iron/p231649655

Thanks

I bought this to clean where we were moving to, and now we are going somewhere else (will still need to clean).
It is fantastic. Brilliant iron, far better than ordinary steam iron and this house is so much cleaner. The 25 yr old kitchen doors are no longer sticky and all the painted doors look marvellous, no longer covered in finger marks and don't need re painting.
When it dies I'll buy another with a bigger tank as refilling means waiting to cool down. But a brilliant thing and revolution to housework. Beware it becomes slightly addictive to clean everywhere and do NOT use on emulsion paint.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2013, 11:39:17 am »
I need inspiration to clean I'm afraid.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2013, 12:14:34 pm »
We have a steam mop that we bought from Danos direct on the tele. DW loves it and so does the cleaning lady; I'm a mop person. We bought a pack of 5 extra cleaning clothes for it and just change them as they get dirty then bung the whole lot in the washing machine.

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
Re: Re: Steam Mops
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2013, 01:37:26 pm »
We have a steam mop that we bought from Danos direct on the tele. DW loves it and so does the cleaning lady; I'm a mop person. We bought a pack of 5 extra cleaning clothes for it and just change them as they get dirty then bung the whole lot in the washing machine.

Hi Den or anyone else with one of those green steam mops from the TV

May I ask? is your Danoz steam mop still going?? I am tempted to get one but have heard of many that don't last long due to limescale buildup.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2013, 03:33:28 pm »
Hi GHM, don't know if it helps but mine came with additive to prevent lime scale. Called kalstop

Link shows it here http://www.amazon.co.uk/KALSTOP-LIMESCALE-ITEM-No-GB2-737-SUITABLE-GENERATORS/dp/B006N94U2G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1377009167&sr=8-2&keywords=polti+limescale

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2013, 01:06:30 am »
Somehow I ended up watching TVSN last night (something I rarely do) and they were promoting a steam mop “Little Yello” I think it was called.  Anyway, I’m not sure that I really want a steam mop per se, but I had a flash of inspiration whilst I was watching this promotion – I wondered whether it would (or could) produce steam direct from the nozzle hot enough to kill weeds! 

To all of you who have steam mops, have you ever used yours to do this and, if so, what are your thoughts?  I’d love to get some feedback on this as I have lots of weeds that I would be overjoyed to get rid of in this way – environmentally friendly and saves on a back-breaking chore.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2013, 01:41:03 am »
Here's a question and answer site on this exact question Marina - have a read of it.

Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2013, 02:08:48 am »
Thank you "Oh Fount Of All Information" ... how on earth did you find that thread, Judy?  It looks interesting, particularly hiring the wall paper stripping machine.  Seems I'm not the only one looking at the steam option. 

Don't you just love the way some of our threads jump from the original topic to something completly different in one posting!   :o

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2013, 02:23:59 am »
I just keep it simple for Mr Google Marina - I asked him if you can kill weeds with steam and then I chose that answer.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline mickeydownunder

• View Profile
    • What's On The List?
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2013, 02:57:19 am »
As a PASSIONATE Home Cook, I try and inspire one recipe and one event at a time!
http://www.whatsonthelist.net

Twitter = @mickeydownunder
Facebook = http://www.facebook.com/whatsonthelist
Pinterest = http://pinterest.com/mickeydownunder

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2013, 04:01:46 am »
Glad to read that you are happy with it ... but will it kill my weeds!!!  (Actually just checked the link, this mop is not available at the moment).

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2013, 09:11:54 am »
Cuilidh,
My Mum was telling me about this one anyhow ....... we did and internet search, found ex demo ones on ebay for $89 (at the time she was going to buy one for nearly $300) and she bought one on ebay. We asked them what the difference was and they use them for a short while, test them package them up and give a warranty. It is the same seller so not a copy.

Mum ordered hers and it arrived and looked brand new ! She's very happy with the saving !