Author Topic: Having alot of problems..  (Read 10477 times)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
Having alot of problems..
« on: December 14, 2011, 11:10:46 am »
Ok dont know if anyone is having the same or similar problem but I kept getting kicked off the forum ie it logs me out after trying to make a comment on a post usually!  It then states that I am banned from making comment on a particular board but when I log back in it allows me to make comment??? So what weird and wonderfu things are going on lately with this forum..  It only seems to be the past few days and since I rebooted my laptop.. I always use my laptop or the desktop or my iphone and have never had any problems...it seems to be the same kind of problem as not being able to post a message ie it does nothing and you need to copy the message, then refresh then paste and repost and it works but its logging me out, then i log in go back to the message and then it allows me to post????  Previously I stayed logged in for days...never booted me out...but lately seems to be doing it alot when I go to a refreshed screen..bam Im logged out grrrr
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Having alot of problems..
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 11:34:03 am »
Well, that's funny Frozzie because tonight I thought I had made comments on at least 2 postings but when I read other comments made afterwards, mine wasn't there.  I thought I was having a senior moment and not clicking on 'post' but now I am wondering if there were gremlins in the works.  Things seem to be going OK now for me but I would notify MM - he is the only one who can help you.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 11:39:04 am »
I've been having problems with using the quick reply lately. I type out my post and I go to preview and then post. It just sits and thinks and thinks. I copy it (in case I lose it) go back to the previous quick reply and paste the hit post and it posts straight away.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 11:49:16 am »
thanks JD I will wait and see if it continues or if the forum gremlins are just having a naughty day or two lol rather than bother MM for the moment..I have a few members private emails so if i get totally logged out I can always contact one of those lovelies  ;D  If it continues however I will have to bother MM lol

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 11:51:34 am »
I just realised I am having a bit of trouble posting links tonight.  Some are working but if I try and do 2 on the same posting, the second one is not working and just links to the first one. 

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 12:00:04 pm »
When I logged on tonight and clicked on unread messages I only got those posted since about five o'clock today. Surely someone posted something today.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 12:08:26 pm »
Maybe things will fix themselves tonight when this part of the world goes to bed.

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 12:09:26 pm »
Speaking of which I should get off here and look at doing just that.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 01:11:54 pm »
don't know if its got anything to do with cookies, like in this recent topic perhaps???
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 06:57:51 pm »
not sure that seemed to work once for debetha but after she still got kicked off?? Im thinking it is something to do with IE generally with updates and add ons etc as the other day I couldnt even get into IE until I deleted an add on that got added in an update...will just have to wait and see if it keeps happening and try to check out computer problem solving forums to see if others have had trouble with forums in general!

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 09:25:34 pm »
Well I've logged on this morning, clicked on the show unread posts since last visit and there are none. I've then clicked on all unread posts and there are all the posts from yesterday and those since I logged off last night. I regularly delete my cookies and always log off and on each time so I'm not entering by an old link.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 10:08:46 pm »
i know i am going to jinks myself now  :-)), but i never log off,  no problems so far
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 10:18:25 pm »
i never did either  :-\  seems to have calmed down for the moment!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 10:56:59 pm »
I never log off either but on the odd occasion (like once or twice in 3 years), I can't post a comment and realise I am classed as a visitor. Those darn gremlins have taken it upon themselves to log me out  :D :D
Twitterpated, I often find heaps of postings in "all unread posts". It is the first place I check if there are none in 'unread posts' as I know there has to have been some.  If there are none in either, I go to the home page and on the RH side it clearly shows all postings for TODAY on each topic so I just work my way through them that way.  I even look for late night postings the day before as there are always postings from those the other side of the world there.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 04:42:42 am »
I read the posts by the little blue 'new' sign that is on the home page. If I'm in a rush I will skip some though.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/