Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7860465 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #39465 on: November 27, 2020, 09:15:28 pm »
CC, hang in there.  The lock down in Melbourne has been pretty awful.  Like you we have been very lucky as we have a bit of space and access to good delivery services.  Good thing that has come from the restrictions is that people have been helping each other. Also, not going out has saved a lot of money.
I have posted some photos of the ceiling light/fan under Shopping.  It is vey good. Bought it at a large light shop in Ballarat.  ?? Expensive. It moves the air rather than blowing it at you.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39466 on: November 28, 2020, 09:08:30 am »
So pleased that you aren’t tier 1 Denise. We hear the deaths and cases from countries all over the world and it’s awful. America seems to be getting worse.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #39467 on: November 28, 2020, 08:43:14 pm »
Frozzie, we’re you in the fire area last Summer?
Mild and warm today.
Might do a big cookup for chooks as I swap the food into new freezer.  I’m sure I’ll find surprise unlabelled packages. .
Hi chookie yes we were.. scariest time.. the smoke alone was jnsane and embers everywhere.. roads were all blocked off and we had to evacuate but our neighbourhood was untouched.. thankfully.. just up the road was totally destroyed though . Kids and I went to Melbourne while hubby stayed back to protect the house from severe ember attacks and fire front heading directly for us but I did tell him not to be stupid and if it got any worse to get the hell out of there.. its only a house !!

Sorry for late reply but crazy end of year with so much to do.. on too if that DD is celebrating her end of primary years, has her dance exams.. some in Melbourne.. DS has started rollover for year 10 plus we are finally going away.. seeing mum and dad finally in QLD and spending New Years with friends in Sydney.. so excited after everything 2020 has thrown at us..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #39468 on: November 28, 2020, 09:05:21 pm »
Kim, so glad to hear that you have survived a horrific year. It is good to hear the positive note in your comments.  I’m glad you are back in Australia, although  I did envy you your time in France. Things not good there at the moment.
Not so am here today and lots of rain overnight.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #39469 on: November 28, 2020, 09:21:17 pm »
Kim, so glad to hear that you have survived a horrific year. It is good to hear the positive note in your comments.  I’m glad you are back in Australia, although  I did envy you your time in France. Things not good there at the moment.
Not so am here today and lots of rain overnight.
Thanks Chookie although honestly fine when you know of families who lost loves ones or everything in the fires and werent insured on top.. community was amazing though and has rallied behind alot of ppl.  The region has been hard hit this year and just hope the area bounces back.  Glad we are back in oz although miss not being able to travel and dh family although fine are so much further away with covid and banned travel .. we still have friends who live in oz but are stuck overseas and others who decided to return to France and have had to jump through hoops.  Friends and family in France are back in lockdown :( Crazy times but thankfully at least we have video chat and the like to keep in touch as those whose network of friends snd family are spread all over the world are struggling.  Onwards and upwards.. will definately be saying a big never want to see you again to 2020 this new years..

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39470 on: November 28, 2020, 10:49:21 pm »
We would all agree with you on that Kim, I think the fact that we’ve all been through so much this year made it easier to accept that we weren’t just singled out for bad luck.   One we will never forget and let’s hope 2021 brings us all a lot more joy and a more normal lifestyle.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #39471 on: November 28, 2020, 11:01:32 pm »
We would all agree with you on that Kim, I think the fact that we’ve all been through so much this year made it easier to accept that we weren’t just singled out for bad luck.   One we will never forget and let’s hope 2021 brings us all a lot more joy and a more normal lifestyle.
Here here

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39472 on: November 29, 2020, 06:03:15 am »
It is hard to believe that 2020 has been such a horrid year. Not only has the world, and Australia had Covid and fires. I’m sure each of us have had something that hasn’t been fun happen this year. Probably in many forms.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #39473 on: November 29, 2020, 09:45:59 pm »
Cookie, how true.  Next year has got to be better.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #39474 on: November 29, 2020, 09:58:50 pm »
... and the fires are starting  up again, already  :(

I actually have a COVID related silver lining - for the first time in 40+ years I have not had hay fever this year ... I am sure it purely thanks to having to wear a mask through the hay fever season.  I will be wearing masks during November from now on.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39475 on: November 30, 2020, 01:11:13 am »
That is wonderful Marina. I suffer from hayfever and actually use a prevention nose spray all year.

We had heavy rain last night!! We have had the wettest November ever.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #39476 on: November 30, 2020, 07:48:31 pm »
Marina, that is terrific about the hay fever.
I can’t believe this.  I haven’t had to take painkillers for the last 3 nights.  The very simple exercises that I have been doing, seem to be working. Another appointment with the Physiologist today. Twice a day I have been doing 2 simple exercises that take 5 minutes. I have pain, that has been increasing, in my lower left leg for 7 years. Drs all said , op, or injection and strong pain killers. This man said work with what we have got.  Develop the muscles to support the lower leg. Seems to be working.  So very simple.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #39477 on: November 30, 2020, 07:51:23 pm »
Well done, Chookie, and what a relief to be able to manage the pain in that way.  Keep at it.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #39478 on: November 30, 2020, 08:04:39 pm »
Thanks Marina.  Was a bit long winded in the post but thought it might help anyone who has similar pain issues. DD recommended him . She said Drs, Dentists and Physios are attend his workshops .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39479 on: December 01, 2020, 05:20:28 am »
What wonderful news Chookie. Proof that a simple remedy works. Keep up the exercises.