Author Topic: Recipe Review Coconut Hot Chocolate QFITT  (Read 5089 times)

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
Recipe Review Coconut Hot Chocolate QFITT
« on: January 09, 2012, 01:46:19 am »
From Quick Fix in the Thermomix

This drink was very nice and made four mugs of hot chocolate.  I followed instructions right until the end, but was too nervous with MC off to get speed all the way up to 9 within 20 seconds.  It took me 36 seconds to arrive at 9, because I was carefully watching the spitting through the hole.  The frothed up texture added to the rich taste and even my DGS enjoyed it.

With the rest of the coconut cream, I'll probably try a dark chocolate version later on and report back.

Milk Choc : 5/5
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline alyce alexandra

• View Profile
    • alyce alexandra cookbooks
Re: Recipe Review Coconut Hot Chocolate QFITT
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 04:20:35 am »
Hi Cecilia,

Great to hear you enjoyed the recipe! That is one of my favourite drinks.

In regard to leaving the MC out, I know it's scary getting it up to the high speeds! But it is important for the milk to be aerated to maximise the froth. What you can do is place the TM steamer basket on top of the TM lid - any little splashes will be caught this way.

Looking forward to hearing how it goes with dark chocolate!

Alyce

Offline TamG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 05:02:47 am »
I tried this recipe yesterday, and it is great!  I didn't put any toasted coconut on top, but it had just the perfect amount of coconut in it.  With taking the MC out, I just held it at an angle so if anything came out it went away from me.  That seemed to be enough to let the steam out and I just kept it on speed 9 for around 20 secs, didn't count the time to get it up there.

I have a curry recipe that I love making and I always end up with leftover coconut cream - now I have found a great use for it.

Thanks for a wonderful recipe book.

Mama Fergie

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 04:32:37 am »
I loved this hot chocolate with coconut. I agree a great way to use up leftover coconut cream/milk. Delish!!!