Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8925604 times)

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #210 on: February 03, 2009, 08:40:09 pm »
caroline, have you shared your recipe for baked beans yet? i'd love i if you haven't, and love a reminder if you have lol

i made the jubilant dal from my blog last night but did the lot in the tmx, a lot less pots to clean up and still tasted very good.
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 03, 2009, 09:48:13 pm »
Hi Brazen - I use a combination of slow cooker / crock pot and TM, but it could easily enough be adapted for the TM.  I'll post it in the vegetarian section.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 03, 2009, 10:08:10 pm »
Looking forward to those recipes - maybe the Spanish rice pudding to start ???  ;) ;) ;)
Spanish Rice pudding recipe now posted under Desserts  ;D  Sweet chilli sauce recipe already posted somewhere in tips / requests forum, when I asked for help in toning it down!!!  ;D ;D
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #213 on: February 04, 2009, 05:43:22 am »
Thanks again - looks like you still have computer contact??
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 04, 2009, 09:07:06 pm »
Yep!!  ;D  Actually, DH decided that to leave me for 2-3 weeks without the ability to surf would be excessive and unnecessary cruelty!!   :D  So he's bought one that works via a stick in some mysterious way that doesn't need the usual technology but went straight over my head.  He's paid for a month of it, so I should be home and dry with uninterrupted internet connection.  Hurray!!!   :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 04, 2009, 09:17:07 pm »
I did a lemon and ginger prawn stir fry for dinner tonight.  Have also been bulk cooking beans for the freezer yesterday and today (and tomorrow!).  Have to say, I'm finding the TM/slow cooker combination excellent.  Any that need boiling to kill toxins, I'm putting into the TM bowl, on  :-:, at 100oC  (after covering with water boiled in kettle) for 13 minutes (if to boil for 10 mins) or 18 mins (if to boil for 15 mins) with the MC off.  Foam deposits itself on the lid, where it stays - so I don't have to scoop it off.  then I'm dumping beans and water straight into crockpot, and cooking on high for 2 hours.  It's working perfectly.  Did chickpeas (Garbanzos) today.  Filled TM to max capacity twice for the boiling, and then just dumped second load on top of first load in the slow cooker. 

Also made hen mash with leftover vegetable peelings and a bit of stale bread.  They love it.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #216 on: February 04, 2009, 09:32:15 pm »
Yep!!  ;D  Actually, DH decided that to leave me for 2-3 weeks without the ability to surf would be excessive and unnecessary cruelty!!   :D  So he's bought one that works via a stick in some mysterious way that doesn't need the usual technology but went straight over my head.  He's paid for a month of it, so I should be home and dry with uninterrupted internet connection.  Hurray!!!   :-* :-* :-* :-*

The marmalade was worth the effort then ???  ;) ;) ;)
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #217 on: February 04, 2009, 10:18:25 pm »
No cooking for me today.
Still stinking hot and now son and heir has been admitted to hospital.  He had a very sore throat that wouldn't respond to antibiotics.  His glands and temp went up and he couldn't swallow so he is on IV antibiotics and a drip while we wait for a diagnosis.  Hopefully all will be well as he is a very fit and strong 15 year old.
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #218 on: February 04, 2009, 10:52:51 pm »
Who's he been kissing ???  ;) ;) ;)

Glandular fever ??? ???
Thermomixer in Australia

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 05, 2009, 01:55:45 am »
Amanda, I hope your son is ok. My daughter came down with glandular fever at 16 and she was very ill with it.  She didn't even have the strength to lift the phone to make calls or receive them!!!! She was left with no ill effects.
Keep us posted, we're thinking of you.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 05, 2009, 11:53:25 am »

The marmalade was worth the effort then ???  ;) ;) ;)

LOL  :D :D  Looks like it!!  ;)

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 05, 2009, 11:54:52 am »
No cooking for me today.
Still stinking hot and now son and heir has been admitted to hospital.  He had a very sore throat that wouldn't respond to antibiotics.  His glands and temp went up and he couldn't swallow so he is on IV antibiotics and a drip while we wait for a diagnosis.  Hopefully all will be well as he is a very fit and strong 15 year old.
[/quote
Thinking of you, Amanda.  Hope your son is starting to get better.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 05, 2009, 08:44:24 pm »
amanda, hope he's feeling better really soon
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #223 on: February 05, 2009, 10:47:52 pm »
Still no cooking, 43c again today!
Patrick is felling better now that he is hydrated - his throat was so sore that he couldn't swallow even water earlier in the week.
He is responding to the IV antibiotics and is still on them. Quack says he has a bacterial infection in throat, but is concerned about possible underlying causes.  He says it is unlikely to be glandular fever as Patrick had that 3 years ago and it seldom repeats.
I am off back to hospital now to try and catch the doctor this morning.  We are hoping that they will release him this afternoon (although Patrick refers to this as 'check out' :D).
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 06, 2009, 02:58:25 am »
where are you again amanda?  39' here today (currently 34.6'c at 1pm)
glad to hear he's feeling better!

FWIW since i had glandular fever at 19 i get run down really easily and constantly have symptoms and illnesses for no known reason
My Cooking Blog