Author Topic: Kenwood Cooking Chef  (Read 15690 times)

Offline LillyPilly

• View Profile
Re: Kenwood Cooking Chef
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2014, 09:30:39 am »
Cookie, I understand why you seldom use your mixer, they are too heavy to drag out on an impulse. If it isn't easy to access, I tend to leave most things in the cupboard. This is what I eventually coughed up for http://www.rockler.com/rev-a-shelf-heavy-duty-mixer-lift. The shipping was more than the item, but it means l use the mixer and it's accessories, often several times a week. The under bench recycling cupboard got the chop. I use so little that needs to be recycled, so I put the bins put in another room. The Thermie however has an easy access, pride of place spot on my inadequate bench space 😍
TM5, delivered 05/11/2014 😍

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2014, 09:33:13 am »
That looks really interesting LillyPilly, fortunately i have a lot of bench space.

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2014, 11:12:41 am »
What a great idea LillyPilly.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2014, 09:09:51 pm »
I still have my 2  Kenwoods. I keep the small one as it has a sausage attachment and once a year a friend and I make a massive amount of sausages.  I also think the TMX 5 is not much better at making pavlovas than the 31. Like Cookie ,  mine are already antiques but still do the job and work well.  Storage not really a problem here as I keep the less frequently used appliances on a long laundry bench where  they have access to power,  or can bring them into kitchen if I wish. The big Kenwood is in a large plastic crate in the shed. Sometimes I wish I had Michele's strength of character and could dispose of some of my appliances, but then all of a sudden I need them.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2014, 03:44:27 am »
LillyPilly that is an excellent gadget. My DH could make me one of those easily, if he ever stops making newer and better camper trailers for us. :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2014, 05:14:00 am »
I also think the TMX 5 is not much better at making pavlovas than the 31. Like Cookie ,  mine are already antiques but still do the job and work well. 

I'm really surprised chookie, I made a beautiful pav from the chip when my consultant came over instead of making the vege stock. It worked a treat.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline LillyPilly

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2014, 08:28:37 am »
Cookie, your husband must be handy to have around! If he can make them I'm sure he could sell them. I know I looked over here to find them, but the only one I could get was rated for something piddling like 5 kg. That might hold the actual mixer (maybe) as long as I didn't add any ingredients.
TM5, delivered 05/11/2014 😍

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2014, 12:16:31 am »
CP,  I have also made the Pav in the 5 ,  but felt it was ok but not as good as in the Kenwood.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2014, 12:05:10 pm »
I'm not sure why someone would join a Thermomix forum to ask about a different cooking appliance.

A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline melam76

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2014, 04:13:05 pm »
Thanks ladies I'll keep you posted on how it performs etc.. might even post a link to a vid or 2 :-) lol .... I hope to be able to use most of the recipes that you guys use in the thermis as also I bought 2 books by Alyce Alexandra so I'll be giving some of them a go .... I just ordered today a couple of attachments 1 is where it dices fruit, veg, meat or cheese into 1cm cubes and the other just a mini mill ... I still haven't used the machine yet as we have just moved house and I need to be set up properly first :-) yeah they mostly are LillyPilly but some are a fair bit cheaper if you get them from the UK :-)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2014, 12:36:49 am »
melam76, could you please read the rules regarding competitor machines, in particular rule 5 in it's entirety.  A link to the video would not be allowed.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 01:42:55 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline I Love TM

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2014, 08:33:22 am »
I know an older lady who bought the chef - mainly for meringues.  Here it was over £200 more expensive than the TM but it makes better meringues (a lot to spend for meringues!) She is looking to upgrade to a TM as the cooking chef is too heavy for her to lift now but its only 2 years old. 
It doesn't WEIGH!!!!! 
Its been dropped by many of the major retailers in the UK.  That says quite a lot to me!

(this IS a Thermomix forum!)

stacelee

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2014, 09:35:48 am »
I've stayed out of this thread up until now (I did give advice by PM). As some of you know, I have a TM, a Thermochef and a Kenwood Cooking Chef. They are all good machines and all have their place. Yes the Kenwood is heavy, but it doesnt move around when kneading doughs, doesnt mush food when making stews and does a great job of whipping eggs whites. No it doesnt weigh, but given the price of scales now, whoopy do.  The Kenwood is still readily available here but given the price, most suppliers dont carry floor stock....supply time would normally be less than a week (wouldn't it be nice if that was the case for the TM5).

As I've said several times, I love my TM31, hate TM HQ's selling model and ethics but would not hesitate to recommend the machine to anyone who had the money.  For those who don't or who just have other requirements,  there are other legitimate options.  Thermomix is not the be all and end all and getting on my high horse, I'm a bit over people who feel it is....no wonder people laugh at Thermomix owners (and yes I do know this is a thermomix forum...last time I checked, its in the name)...if we can ask about other appliances here like pressure cookers,  pizza ovens etc, surely someone can ask whether anyone has other thermal cookers and their opinion....I know I'm not the only one with multiple machines!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 09:37:26 am by stacelee »

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2014, 09:51:34 am »
Here here Stacelee! The OP did have a thermi, didn't suit her needs so was asking about a different item.

We pride ourselves on being a friendly forum, Judy as a Mod did clarify the rules so do we need the remarks stating that this is a "Thermomix" website? 

There are places for discussions and I hate to see a friendly forum become tainted with the feeling of being "exclusive" and non-welcoming.
Kylie

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2014, 11:59:41 am »
I'm not being nasty or saying anything bad about other machines, but this is a Thermomix forum. I expect to read about the Thermomix, recipes, tips, problems etc. I don't expect to read about people who don't get on with it and want to find out about other cooking machines.
Just my 2c.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand