Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6026156 times)

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« on: June 14, 2012, 08:25:47 pm »
I thought this might make an interesting thread as there are so many members in different countries, states and time zones. For some of us the seasons are back to front etc etc.

If you have a moment and want to share  please post what you have been doing.
Some days will be exciting, some boring, and some  I'm sure we'd even rather forget. And just now and then there may be one we want to remember forever!

Today was nothing special but it has been a good day and I have enjoyed it.
 I did 2 hrs work ( admin), rode my pony for an hour in the sunshine, made muffins in my lunch break, and gardened for 4 hrs on top of normal domestic stuff. My DD came home from Uni tonight too.
I am trying to make a new garden from scratch and 3 days rain is predicted from tonight so I tried to get as much planted as I could. It is really hard going as there are 3 terraces that have been neglected for so many years. I have to dig in compost into ground that has not been turned before, avoiding tree roots and it is very slow, but I have 2/3 of one terrace planted now with packets of seed in the gaps.

I hope you've had a good day too.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 08:40:13 pm »
Walked the dog early.Then caught the train into London to see my new GS.Didn't start well when I got to Baker Street to catch the Jubilee Tube to Canary Wharf as the line was suspended because of an incident at Bond Street,someone went under a train.A very nice ticket collector gave me a new route and got their only ten minutes late.Had a lovely day with him then legged it back home.Takes about two hours door to door each way.But he's worth it ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 09:10:04 pm »
Looks like you two had very productive days and enjoyable days.

Decided I should do the wise thing a week or two ago and get a health check as I am now nearer 60 than 50 so had blood tests, etc. done.  Today I started off at the doctor (he was 1/2 an hour late!) to get my blood test results, only to be told that the lab had not done all the tests he requested so had to give more blood and now have to wait another week.

Back to work, got a call from the dentist to make an appointment for a 'consultation' to discuss the viability of getting a huge (and expensive) amount of dentistry done.

Seeing as I had a good discount voucher, I treated myself to an 'ear candling' from the beautician down the road - don't really know what it is or what it did, but I had a nice 3/4 hour rest whilst it was happening!

Back to work and started a short internet course on Excel, so that will keep me quiet now for the next wee while.

Hope everyone else had a more fun day than I did!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 10:03:54 pm »
Ear candling is great, really relaxing, great to clear up bugs ect, and build of of wax.  ( I do them)

Today I am going to drop kids off, go to work by 8.30 till 5 pm, then come home and relax.

I sit on the computer all day at work, that;s why I am on this forum so much.
Work gets done when needed..
Weekends are off, so i cook as much as I can.

Robyn :)

My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 10:39:17 pm »
Today I'm moving my lounge room around, cleaning, wiping, heaving and hoeing. One very large modular couch to move (comes apart in 5 pieces), tv unit, display cabinet, computer desk.
Oh the things I do :)
But I do love a change every now and then :D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 10:53:13 pm »
Hoeing the lounge?????

Haven't heard that one before!

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 11:05:19 pm »
It's pretty much pushing and pulling DJ :)
I tried to google a meaning but found a few different explanations (one even rude :o )
To Heave-ho :)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 01:09:56 am »
My schedule for the day:

8:30 - 10:30 = Study.
10:30 - 11:00 = Walk to work.
11:00 - 2:30 = Work.
2:30 - 3:00 = Walk home from work.
3:00 - 5:00 = Snack, shopping OR cooking OR more study.
5:00 - 6:30 = Workout at the gym.
6:30 - 7:30 = Cook and eat dinner.
7:30 onwards = more study until too tired.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 01:20:42 am »
Where's your time allocation for the forum? :o

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 01:34:21 am »
Thats funny ;D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 01:44:15 am »
Off sick today but revelling in the thought that, instead of sitting in yet another meeting as I would normally be doing at this time on a Friday, I am sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee and this forum. No plans other than a little light housework & maybe a little play with the TMX. may be a good opportunity to try making butter for the first time.
Melbourne, inner north

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 02:43:43 am »
Where's your time allocation for the forum? :o

Wherever "study" is mentioned, you can be sure that I'll have another webpage opened up for the forum... ;)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2012, 02:49:53 am »
Enjoy your day off deedub, sounds good to me.  
JulieO & CC, it is well worth the effort you have to go to to spend some time with DD and GS - probably would be worse in winter though for you CC.
Amy, with the amount of postings you do on here, I am surprised how much else you fit into the day  ;) What are you studying for?
Mandi, I like moving furniture around to.  Only the other week I changed the format of the lounge room - the furniture slides easily on the wooden floor so no great effort on my part.
Marina, you are always busy so it's nice to see you are looking after your health too.
Robyn & Marina - never heard of ear candling.  I have to take DH to his GP quite often to have his ears syringed to remove wax as he has very narrow ear canals.  Will google ear candling later. Mind you, the doctor does it for nothing so guess you can't beat that. ;)
DJ, your day sounds delightful, a bit of work and a bit of pleasure with the horse and cooking - thanks for starting this interesting thread.
Today I've already taken Mum to have her pacemaker checked - it's working well.  Yesterday apparently she had a 30 minute episode but with the pacemaker and being on warfarin, a stroke was averted and she didn't even know she was having problems.  These machines they use are wonderful, even told us the time of day it happened which was when she was getting up for the day. This afternoon I am taking her to visit old neighbours of hers who are now both in a nursing home down our way, going to Rivers to look at boots and dropping Katie's book back to her whilst we are out.
Have a great day everyone.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 03:10:46 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2012, 03:00:33 am »

Amy, with the amount of postings you do on here, I am surprised how much else you fit into the day  ;) What are you studying for?

;D ;D ;D

Reading what all of you wonderful people are up to is one of my priorites every day. You are like a family to me now, so I like to know how you're all going :-* And you would be surprised how much I can get done in a day Judy ;) Though sometimes it doesn't feel like much :-))

I'm studying to become a personal trainer because I'm passionate about health and fitness :D
And also because I don't want to be a cleaner for the rest of my life even though it pays well :-))

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2012, 03:01:03 am »
JD ear candling helps remove ear wax, it is really relaxing too.

Great for blocked sinus too.

Robyn

[/url