Author Topic: Cyndi's 21 day weight loss diet  (Read 76307 times)

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
Re: Cyndi's 21 day weight loss diet
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 03:35:35 am »
OK Maggie & ILB, decided to commit! It will be interesting to see how I go with going away through the middle part of it but thought I might as well get going.  Don't know how my GF in Qld is going to accept me not drinking while I am with her!!!

Went through the diet plan last night & all the recipes are in the Thermomix Eating Healthy with Cyndi O'Meara cookbook.  I was just a bit worried that I should do something a bit more drastic than this initially to shift the bulk of the bulk!!  But like Cyndi says I need to think about eating for health not for weight loss............lets just hope weight loss is a "side effect" of being healthy!!

Offline Maggie

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 04:18:18 am »
Good on you Jane  :) :)  You sound like me, when you make up your mind, you make up your mind  ;) When you go away, don't be super strict on yourself, you'll probably be faced with situations you wouldn't be normally, so just do what you can to enjoy your trip as well as the diet.

I always think I need to do things that are more drastic too, but it's really important to be healthy and keep your metabolism up at the same time. There's nothing worse than feeling tired and cranky because you've eaten like a sparrow and then at the end of the week you barely lose 0.5 kg!!  ??? ??? I only have 5 or 6 kg to lose and think I've lost and gained that same 5 or 6 kg well over a 100 times in my life  :'(  so am really determined to be sensible, reasonable and not too hard on myself this time, it has to be sustainable.

Let me know how you're going with it when you get started. I felt well below average the first two days, but have felt really good since then :) :)  being able to cook great meals in the TM really helps too.

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2009, 09:20:18 am »
So how is it going Maggie?  I am on day 4 - sort of - I am struggling with eating 5 times a day - I run out of hours to eat in.  Currently 5.15pm Melbourne time, I have managed breakfast & lunch 7 a couple of cups of green tea but not managed morning or afternoon tea.  I will have a snack now & possibly something after dinner but I am aware I should be shifting my intake towards the morning more.  Haven't felt hungry (how could I with so much to eat). No coffee withdrawls...........all good so far.

Offline Maggie

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2009, 01:41:10 am »
It's going well, I've had to make a couple of detours (4 to be exact!), but they've been reasonably minor and still have plenty of energy and feeling positive. Weighed myself this morning after the first week and have lost 1.4kgs, so a pretty reasonable start all in all :) :)

I've been having fruit for morning tea and the vege sticks and dip for arvo tea, most of the time I just eat them at my desk it doesn't cut in to work much.

7 cups of tea :o Jane I'd be living in the loo if I drank that much. Fantastic that you haven't had coffee withdrawals, or been hungry yet though :) ;D. I must admit I do get hungry at times, but it passes after a while, so is fairly painless. I'm no Cyndi but I think if you're feeling good and not hungry there's no harm in not eating 5 times a day.

Just started exercising this morning, which is a first in a long time so hopefully that helps to keep the weight loss going past the first week.

It's great to have a buddy to talk to Jane, as I said to ILB, just writing about it on this forum has kept me more accountable than I have in a long time :) :) Be sure to report in soon if you can :-* :-*

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2009, 02:20:06 pm »
My mum has lost 5kgs in a week!! :o

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2009, 03:10:55 pm »
My mum has lost 5kgs in a week!! :o

I think I found it - tell her she can have it back, I really didn't need it  ;)
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2009, 03:52:42 pm »
ROFL

I have had that problem for many years - keep losing them & they keep finding me.  Latterly though they just keep coming from somewhere.

Don't know that I am going to lose that much on Cyndi's - it's all so good & I still have big plates of food.

I think I really do need to increase the frequency of eating Maggie to up my metabolic rate - its as sluggish as my reaction to cleaning toilets!!!

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2009, 07:27:09 pm »
I was following this (largely, anyway - have to admit to not being very strict with it once she stopped spelling out exactly what to eat that day, so that I had to think about it  :-)) ;D ).  I definitely had more energy, and I suddenly realised that the weight was leaving pretty quickly, considering how very painless it was, and that I was never hungry, and it actually tasted good.  I lost 2.5 kg in 2.5 weeks!

Once I found out I was pregnant I stopped it, as you aren't supposed to diet when you're pregnant.  I'd just got around to thinking that was probably a bit silly of me because it isn't so much a diet as eating healthily - which you SHOULD do when you're pregnant - when I went off almost every bit of food allowed on the 21 day program (a bit of an exaggeration, I admit - but it sure feels like it's true!)

Good luck to you all following it.  I think I will go on it again once my fadiness wears off, and food stops being repulsive.

Once you reach Day Whatever-it-is where she stops telling you what to have at each meal, perhaps you might consider posting your own Day X menus?  It would help those of us who are weak willed and easily distracted (ie, me  ;D ) when we follow in your footsteps.

Hope you all benefit from it loads.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Maggie

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2009, 02:21:08 am »
5 kgs in one week  :o  that's fantastic!! Is she finding it relatively easy? My mum is always on some stupid diet or another and is hungry all the time, she's just brought a thermomix so I should probably give her this one.

I agree, eating more often should help speed up your metabolism, at one stage I was doing these really intense gym sessions almost every day, ate like a horse (up to 8 times a day) and I still lost weight. If you can eat more often during the day and reduce the size of your evening meal a little that might help too. I don't feel like I'm losing weight either, so hope at the end of the week you are very pleasantly surprised Jane.

I haven't been following the menus to the absolute letter anyway, but have just noticed there's no lunch suggestions any more. I've made sandwiches most days; chicken and salad or cheese and salad, also have had left over dinner with salad, some TM baked beans I'd made previously and frozen (checked the ingredients and thought they should fit in to the diet ok) and yesterday had eggplant fritters (made with eggplant, homemade breadcrumbs, egg and some herbs) with veges cooked on the grill.

For anyone who hasn't tried it yet the Frittata on day 8 is literally to die for, it was sooooooo good. I had to use the hand held blender to chop the corriander as finely as I wanted and next time would make the egg mixture first, so that it cooks on the stove while making the vegetable mixture. Tonight I'm making the lentil hotpot (doesn't sound nearly as appealing) and have had to substitute kale with wombok cabbage . . . . fingers crossed it's edible.

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2009, 02:24:18 pm »
I had the yellow split pea soup tonight & that was delicious & how cheap!!!!

I also have been having a sandwich for lunch & generally fish or steak or chicken plus salad & a few steamed vegies for dinner.  Its fitting in the snacks I find hard.  I anticipate being up until the wee hours tonight however so I might get morning tea in at about 11pm & afternoon tea at around 2am & then  I'll start all over again tomorrow.................  :(

Offline Maggie

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2009, 01:48:49 am »
I feel tired just thinking about that! Hope you got what you needed done Jane. It's an effort dieting at the best of times without late nights, holidays etc. I guess there's never a good time though.

Just to let you know the lentil hotpot was actually very nice (I made with green lentils instead of brown). It's another cheapy and once you've done the first lot of chopping/cooking (about 5 mins worth) you can just set the thermomix and let it go  :)

« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 01:51:44 am by Maggie »

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2009, 03:51:17 am »
And that is absolutely the beauty of the TM isn't it Maggie??  I rang a girlfriend, told her I was just going to pop dinner on & come round & collect something & Thelma could cook while I did what I needed to - sensational!!

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2009, 07:22:21 am »
Good to hear you ladies are going so well  :)

Hoping that I will start tomorrow.  My body is really needing the change. Funny how once you start listening to it and learning how better it feels when you start treating it right, you really hear it when you get off track.

Well done ladies!
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline Maggie

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2009, 09:12:32 am »
Great to hear. Good luck ILB  :) :) 

You're right, if you listen you can really hear what your body needs and you find out pretty quickly when you've gotten it wrong! Even though I feel terrible afterwards it still doesn't stop me from eating all the wrong things much of the time.

Haven't had any cravings yet (the lamintons I'd forgotten I'd ordered that landed on my desk Monday morning were pretty tempting though!) must be a good sign  :)

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2009, 09:54:35 am »
5 kgs in one week  :o  that's fantastic!! Is she finding it relatively easy? My mum is always on some stupid diet or another and is hungry all the time, she's just brought a thermomix so I should probably give her this one.

Not really - she doesn't have a TMX yet!!! - in process of setting her up with one, she said it should easy when she gets it. :)