Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036716 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #24495 on: October 21, 2020, 08:00:36 am »
Very true JulieO.
I did the grocery shopping this morning. DH decided not to come.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #24496 on: October 21, 2020, 11:12:24 pm »
DH off for a COVID test today in preparation for a day procedure next Wednesday - they won't t admit him if he hasn't had the test. He will now have to self isolate until Wednesday.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24497 on: October 22, 2020, 12:26:32 pm »
Ooh! Not fun.  Tell him to be brave.
I did a bit of cooking today and then this afternoon had a little nap. I was very tired.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #24498 on: October 22, 2020, 01:48:49 pm »
Washing , then checked the chook she seems to be getting better but slow to move around. My poor little bantam has been pecked at and there’s blood . The   Hierarchy order is happening with the chooks and it worries me that they are aggressive. So hopefully DS will help me this weekend. DH collected DD DS , bonus we get DD for one last night , think only home to collect things for their final school functions . For some crazy reason grand final day off tomorrow but DD has to go back early morning to do a Maths prac exam and then a English prac exam in arvo !! No rest for them .

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #24499 on: October 23, 2020, 01:13:01 am »
DH COVID test was negative, as we expected.  He said the test wasn't as bad as he thought it would be.  h remains in self isolation until Wednesday, though (self isolation, combined with pre-colonoscopy preparation will not be wonderful, poor soul!).

K Atie, I didn't even realise today was a public holiday until DH told me!  One day seems to be just the same as every other one these days.

Sounds like we are in for a wet weekend this weekend so  am looking up new recipes to experiment with ... there was a new one in today's Guardian, - mushroom, stuffed with chickpeas and tahini.  Looks interesting.  Found another one from one of the SBS TV programmes as well "avaroni" - a guacamole type sauce mixed with macaroni - definitely different and will use up some of my avocados.  We'll see how enthusiastic I am as the weekend goes by

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24500 on: October 23, 2020, 03:59:53 am »
Marina, poor DH The procedure is ok but the prep is deadly.

I've done the ironing and will do a bit of necessary housework. The washing machine is going. DH has gone over to check his Mum's house as it is no longer rented and we like to check on it once a week as it is not in a nice area.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #24501 on: October 23, 2020, 01:14:07 pm »
DH DS and I went to have a look at the clover hay paddock, well it’s halfway up the Ute in hight that is crazy . It was so relaxing with the canola in flower and the ewes and lambs looking ok . Even a really deep dam was full to the top .

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #24502 on: October 24, 2020, 04:48:19 am »
Canola always looks bright and happy.  Good news that your dam is full, I think this rain has brought a lot of relief across the state.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24503 on: October 24, 2020, 07:48:44 am »
Farmers over here are having trouble with people going into their Canola crops to take selfies. I had heard about it, but actually saw it several times the last time we were away. They just trample through, leave gates open or try and push fences out of shape to get through. Most unfair.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #24504 on: October 24, 2020, 11:43:47 pm »
 Marina, just catching up. Hope DH copes well.
Not much happening here. Phone call from friend in WA.  She was surprised that we were all wearing masks when leaving home.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24505 on: October 25, 2020, 01:56:03 am »
Things are generally free and easy here. Still 1.5 metres self distancing, but many aren’t sticking to that and cafes etc still need 2 metres between tables. Most of our cases are from ships with I think 1 or 2 FIFO workers who broke their isolation.  One was gaoled.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #24506 on: October 25, 2020, 01:08:36 pm »
Lots of people stop to take photos of the canola . Once DH stopped to see a bunch of ladies in the canola crop after their netball finals a tradition each year , of course he knew a lot of them .
Dropped DS back to boarding saw DD for a few minutes, huge week coming up . I even dropped off my iron for her to get the creases out of a silk dress !! As we are not allowed in I could not help , needless to say there are more creases , hoping she asks for help as nothing I can do now . Hope DS brings home the iron for me , eek .
It’s freezing and there is the coldest blast wind all day and night .
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 02:00:37 am by K Atie »

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #24507 on: October 26, 2020, 12:56:20 am »
We needed to take a visit to the Centrelink offices this morning.  I was not looking forward to it but I must say that the staff were very nice and very helpful.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #24508 on: October 26, 2020, 02:08:56 am »
I have been doing the normal clean up after the weekend, washing , vacuuming and cleaning . It is still so windy today . The washing whacked me on the face all good as it’s drying quickly too. Not sure if I have said this but our Dyson wand vacuum cleaner started Squealing , we rang Dyson and do you know they sent out a new motor under Warranty that’s the middle main part . Unscrew the battery and replace the motor done ! Friend has had an issue with hers and she told me she got a new battery , they have very good customer service and put the parts in the post .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #24509 on: October 26, 2020, 05:36:12 am »
It is freezing with a strong wind.but everything is growing like mad.  The tomato seedlings are out growing their pots.  I am going to put one outside and cover with plastic and see what happens. 
Baked some surprise Choc chip biscuits.