Author Topic: Hazelnut & Almond Crusted Steamed Salmon Fillets and Fennel (with photo)  (Read 6254 times)

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
    • Thermomix Tarif Defterim
Hazelnut & Almond Crusted Steamed Salmon Fillets and Fennel
People:

Ingredients:
20g hazelnuts
20g almonds
15g sesame seeds
A handful of parsley leaves
Salt
Black pepper
4 salmon fillets (each is around 200g)
Extra virgin olive oil
400g fennel
500g water
100g white wine
1 bay leaf
Green salad

Dressing:
25g extra virgin olive oil
15g balsamic vinegar
Salt

Preparation:
    Chop and mix hazelnuts, almonds, sesame seeds, parsley, salt & pepper for 5-8 seconds on Speed 5. Continue a couple of seconds more if needed but pay attention not to pulverize them. Set aside
    Put water, wine, salt and bay leaf in TM Bowl
    Brush Varoma Bowl and Tray with a bit of oil
    Coat salmon fillets with nuts mixture and place them in Varoma Bowl and Tray
    Cut fennel into thin slices and spread around the fish fillets
    Steam for 20 minutes at Varoma Temperature on Speed 1
    Transfer them into serving plates together with green salad
    Empty the water in TM Bowl. Place all ingredients for dressing. Mix for 10 seconds on Speed 3
    Dress salad and fennel with the sauce. Serve.

Afiyet olsun...

Photos: http://thermomixtarifdefterim.blogspot.com/2011/07/hazelnut-almond-crusted-steamed-salmon.html

Members' comments
Katya - We had this tonight and it was really easy and delicious.    I didn't bother with mixing the dressing in the TMX bowl and did it by hand as that seemed easier to me.  I also cut up some new potatoes and put them in the basket and they cooked perfectly.   I had some samphire so steamed that alongside the fennel for the last few minutes. It is quite delicately flavoured which may not suit some people on here but for us it was perfect and I will definitely do it again - thanks farfallina.

passionflower - This was yummy for dinner tonight Farfallina thank you for your recipe. I did baby potatoes and green beans asIi couldn't get fennel this weekend. I loved eating the fragrant leftover nut mix as I only did 3 fillets.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
Oo yummy,another one on the to do list
Denise

Offline Katya

• View Profile
This looks REALLY good falfallina and it's healthy too  ... I think I might try it this weekend.  Will let you know how it goes

Offline Katya

• View Profile
We had this tonight and it was really easy and delicious.    I didn't bother with mixing the dressing in the TMX bowl and did it by hand as that seemed easier to me.  I also cut up some new potatoes and put them in the basket and they cooked perfectly.   I had some samphire so steamed that alongside the fennel for the last few minutes.

It is quite delicately flavoured which may not suit some people on here but for us it was perfect and I will definitely do it again - thanks falfallina.   :-* :-*

Offline farfallina

• View Profile

What a gorgeous plate Katya!
Thank you for feedback and the tips :-*
I am glad you enjoyed it 

Offline passionflower

• View Profile
    • My Many Passions
Re: Hazelnut & Almond Crusted Steamed Salmon Fillets and Fennel (with photo)
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 10:41:22 pm »
This was yummy for dinner tonight Farfallina thank you for your recipe. I did baby potatoes and green beans as i couldn't get fennel this weekend. I loved eating the fragrant leftover nut mix as I only did 3 fillets.
Visit my papercrafting blog
http://www.monicas-passions.blogspot.com

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
Re: Hazelnut & Almond Crusted Steamed Salmon Fillets and Fennel (with photo)
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 08:58:22 am »

You plate looks so wonderful passionflower!  ;)
I believe baby potatoes and green beans would be delicious as well, even better for who are not very fond of cooked fennel!
I am happy you enjoyed it
Thank you for the feedback