Author Topic: Silpat vs Thermomix mat vs Tupperware silicon mat  (Read 9988 times)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Silpat vs Thermomix mat vs Tupperware silicon mat
« on: September 14, 2009, 04:51:11 am »
I would like to purchase a baking type mat, but can't decide which to buy - the Thermomix one, original Silpat or the Tupperware silicom mat.  The Thermomix and Tupperware seem to be more expensive but are you getting better quality with the higher price?  I would love to hear eveyones opinions.

Thanks in advance

Offline riv_mum

• View Profile
    • Thermotalk
Re: Silpat vs Thermomix mat vs Tupperware silicon mat
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 05:56:05 am »
if you just want a square baking sheet then the tupperware one would prob do the job.
If you want something to wrap your bread dough when rising then the thermomix or silpat is the way to go.  There isnt much difference between the two but the fiberglass strands in the silpat are thicker as is the mat itself.
I have 2 silpats and love them, the only thing I dont like is that you cant cut them half because of the fiberglass. I like the large size to wrap dough but as a baking sheet its too big and can be awkward to get in and out of the oven.
Dont really know much about the thermomix ones as i have only sold them on to customers but havent actually used.
Sheree
Tupperware and Thermomix Consultant.
www.thermotalk.webs.com

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 11:26:05 am »
i don't like the TW one as it's a bit thick. it's dfeinitely not as big as the silpat one i got from thermomix (which is NOT the one you can get from thermomix now)

if you are just wanting it for lining baking trays check out the chefs toolbox one, my gf has it and it's great!

but otherwise i would go for silpat / thermomix :)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 01:34:44 pm »
Ages ago Thermomix had the small silpats available. Perhaps see if your consultant can still get their hands on one. I've also seen them advertised on the internet, so if you're looking for a smaller one you could try there. I have both the large and small silpat mats and love them - but am very careful when using knives on them.
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 05:56:33 am »
I have silpat mats, but think that the TMX ones are really good - they are far more flexible, so would possibly get one when mine die
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.