Author Topic: Book binding  (Read 4940 times)

Offline Lemongrass

• View Profile
Book binding
« on: May 03, 2010, 12:22:12 pm »
Hello !
The Indian cookbook I ordered from England came with a spiral binding (on the left of the picture), whereas the French one I received with the Thermomix was a more "traditional" book (on the left of the picture) with a normal spine.
I really like the spirals : the book can stand on its own, stays open, etc... Really convenient.
Now, do all the English books come with spirals, or was I just lucky with the Indian one?
I'm debating which country to order the books from, taking into account spirals and shipping fees... :)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: Book binding
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 03:18:47 am »
The English Fast and Easy is spiral, and all the Aussie books tend to be spiral as well. With the exception of Full Steam Ahead and the other one (name escapes me) they are the same format as your French one.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 12:18:32 am »
Yes - English and Australian books have spiral binding.  French/Italian have normal binding like A Table Avec TMX
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 01:20:26 am »
The English Fast and Easy is spiral, and all the Aussie books tend to be spiral as well. With the exception of Full Steam Ahead and the other one (name escapes me) they are the same format as your French one.
Yes ~ 'Full Steam Ahead' and 'My Way of Cooking' have NO spirals. And I've just realised they must be part of a series because FSA has written on the spine 'International Edition 1' and MWoC has the number 2.

Offline Lemongrass

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 09:22:55 am »
Perfect! I'll order them from The UK then !
Thank you very much !
It's a shame UK doesn't offer a soup recipe book though.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 12:04:28 pm »
Yes ~ 'Full Steam Ahead' and 'My Way of Cooking' have NO spirals. And I've just realised they must be part of a series because FSA has written on the spine 'International Edition 1' and MWoC has the number 2.

Yep I noticed that before too (might have posted it somewhere on the MWoC thread  ??? ???) I only noticed it because they were sitting on top of each other on my desk at one point  :-)) :-)) I am so observant lol ... be interesting to see what else comes out if they are a series  ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!