Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4479505 times)

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #10005 on: September 15, 2013, 12:23:06 pm »
Thanks for the kind words everyone... Yes,  shopping was excellent! Will definately be limiting the amount of contact with the group. Now my dilemma is whether or not to go to a child's party this week... I don't really think it's fair for the children to miss out because of the adults involved. I think I'll stand tall (albeit quiet!)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #10006 on: September 15, 2013, 09:16:25 pm »
Just be true to yourself, Jamberie, don't lower yourself to their level.

PS   CP, we are now on p. 668 ... where are you???
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #10007 on: September 15, 2013, 11:00:09 pm »
I agree Jamberie - I'd go to the party, but not be pushing for any more gatherings.  So pointless really - would it have been that hard to say "sorry I have something else planned" rather than making something up?  ??? 

I managed to stay away from the shops all weekend - quite an achievement.  I did get onto Book Depository though and start ordering some Xmas pressies for the kids  ;D
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10008 on: September 15, 2013, 11:18:55 pm »
Thanks Jo for mentioning Christmas shopping......NOT!

But I see superkitchenmachine has some new colourful spatulas for sale and a new colour Kribbitt. I am planning Kribbits for gifts this year. Nearly everybody I buy  for has a device and it is a gift that keeps on giving every day.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #10009 on: September 16, 2013, 12:01:13 am »
Finally got hold of some "Lock and Lock" containers yesterday, had been planning on buying them online but saw a discount store near us had a lot of stock of them - hope they are legitimate!

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #10010 on: September 16, 2013, 12:04:36 am »
Thanks for the reassurance Jo. I can't believe how shocked I've been by the situation and the support from everyone here has been very helpful :) I don't want to hijack the shopping thread though :)

Love that people have started shopping for Christmas :)  and I do love the idea of the Kribbit for my dad, great idea Gert.
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #10011 on: September 16, 2013, 12:08:48 am »
Thanks Jo for mentioning Christmas shopping......NOT!

I know!!   :o  I'm trying to just not think about it mostly (no idea what we are doing and where we are having xmas this year), but I also know I left it a bit late on book depo last year, so thought I'd just get that done.  And that's me done for now - no more ideas for pressies whatsoever (except secret santa I have one or 2 ideas stashed away  ;) ). 
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #10012 on: September 16, 2013, 12:14:50 am »
Thanks for the reassurance Jo. I can't believe how shocked I've been by the situation and the support from everyone here has been very helpful :) I don't want to hijack the shopping thread though :)

Love that people have started shopping for Christmas :)  and I do love the idea of the Kribbit for my dad, great idea Gert.

Wonder my DH is 84 and finds keeping his iPad on the Kribbitt  as it makes it so much easier to handle and use without it slipping out of his arthritic hands. He has it in a cover which is a stand in itself but is easily moved and drove  him nuts. Now he can put and place  his iPad safely. I bought one for my brother in the States and in turn he is madly buying Kribbitts for his friends. We could use a distributor in Australia as the postage from Canada  is a killer I expect.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #10013 on: September 16, 2013, 02:01:24 am »
I think I'm going to let you girls down badly  :D Went to Melbourne and only had carry on luggage so it wasn't a lot. Clarins make up, a cheese platter from a local Daylesford artist, a warm jumper and a scarf for the footy on Friday night, an ice cream storage container, a couple of "Jot" stylus pens. Sorry to keep you waiting but just don't tempt fate with numbers 13 and 666   ;) My house number is 8
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #10014 on: September 16, 2013, 02:08:37 am »
Sounds like good fun shopping

I live in number 8 as well and my house had a Feng Shui consultant help design it.

Gert

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10015 on: September 16, 2013, 02:30:17 am »
My house adds up to 8! 

Jamberie it does hurt, I know. Been there and done that. In fact it even happens in our car club. When we went awa last year up to the station there were quite a few flat tyres. My DH was instrumental in helping change them. ( I think he is the youngest male that was there). He wears cotton gloves when he does jobs like that as the skin on the surface of his hands is very thin and he bleeds easily. Later I overheard one of the wives mocking him. I am fairly quiet but wasn't going to let it go. I brought it up later and told her the reason. I'm pleased to say she seemed at a loss for words momentarily. However I have since overheard her saying similar things about others!  She will never change.
Be strong, not all people are like that.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10016 on: September 16, 2013, 03:09:57 am »
I need to shop..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #10017 on: September 17, 2013, 01:25:32 am »
We have bought a unit in Perth, does that count as shopping?  :P

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #10018 on: September 17, 2013, 01:30:42 am »
If you shopped around before you found the one you liked the most I'd say so!  Is it to rent out, or for yourselves?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #10019 on: September 17, 2013, 01:36:09 am »
Shopped around is not the word I would use.  Trying to buy a unit in the bottom end of the market while staying reasonable close to the city was challenging. We came to the conclusion that most real estate agents deserve the reputation of used car salesmen. 

DD's boyfriend is moving in with her soon and we want to give them space so the unit is a weekender for us for now until we move to Perth in a year or 2, after that we will rent it.