Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4498412 times)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #1650 on: January 15, 2012, 07:20:55 am »
Yay mj you will love it  :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #1651 on: January 15, 2012, 07:32:03 am »
I love it too, ...what a toy!

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: January 15, 2012, 08:57:49 am »

Yay well done MJ, I brought myself a secondhand iPad ( first version) in October last year and I use it all the time. I also brought a wireless printer so I can print from my iPad or iPhone as well as my laptop and the kids computers. Saves having lots of printers in the house. Anyway I use the iPad more than the computer now.

What sort of printer do you have mandi and how do you print from your iPad.
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #1653 on: January 15, 2012, 09:20:47 am »
Meagan It's a HP photosmart 6510 printer, and it was only around $130 from Harvey Norman but its really good. I can be out in my framing workshop and print invoices with my iPad. Works on our wireless Internet. The printer is also a memory card reader and can scan, copy and print. I even print from my iPhone.

These new printers are set up now to work with iPads / iPhones / mobile devices. I think they call them air printers.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 09:23:01 am by dede »
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

mcmich

« Reply #1654 on: January 15, 2012, 09:22:04 am »
Now I feel really out of date. I'm getting rid of my mobile phone ( a really old one) and hope friends will ring me on the home line.
Only work calls me on the mobile and that's for extra shifts  I don't want.
I'm going to hand write lots of letters and send them to everyone I know. I hope they enjoy mail that isn't a bill etc.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #1655 on: January 15, 2012, 09:24:37 am »
Gee mcmich, I can't remember the last time I received a hand written letter. It's sad really.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: January 15, 2012, 09:32:21 am »
l love to get mail and make and effort every christmas to send out card, family yearly letter and photos of the kids to all my reletives around australia . about 60 go out
  it does annoy that no one sends me a letter, just a card . saying merry christmas davis family love from  ect
 as l dont see these people during the year it would be nice for them to tell me what been happening with them during the year  even if its a few lines
l know people are busy, tired ,sick un able to , but l do hope they enjoy the letters l send

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline pumpkin pie

• View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: January 15, 2012, 09:33:51 am »
nothing to do with shopping spread but saw the entry re writing letters. I gave my grandaughter Skye (who moved to port campbell, vic. just after xmas with her family) and a friends daughter that  she plays with when she comes to stay with me, a princess writting compendium each  for xmas with stamps and each others addresses inside to encourage them to write letters to each other, and explained to skye about pen friends. Skyes mum told me the other day, that she had just taken skye down to the post box to post a letter to her friend, so it's good that mum is encouraging it.

mcmich

« Reply #1658 on: January 15, 2012, 09:38:29 am »
Me either Dede, I get email invitations to my nieces and nephews naming ceremonies etc..
I just got a subscription to a book collection to send to my nephew. Hope he gets a kick out of looking for in his mail box.

Offline pumpkin pie

• View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: January 15, 2012, 09:42:10 am »
l love to get mail and make and effort every christmas to send out card, family yearly letter and photos of the kids to all my reletives around australia . about 60 go out
  it does annoy that no one sends me a letter, just a card . saying merry christmas davis family love from  ect
 as l dont see these people during the year it would be nice for them to tell me what been happening with them during the year  even if its a few lines
l know people are busy, tired ,sick un able to , but l do hope they enjoy the letters l send

Nazar, I have a friend who sends me a family yearly letter with her xmas card, including family photos and significant events that have happened,  and it really is lovely to receive this. I have thought often that I should do that for the few friends we have living interstate, but never seem to get around to it. Most of our friends live within South Australia and we catch up during the year, but I am sure your friends do enjoy the letter etc they receive from you

mcmich

« Reply #1660 on: January 15, 2012, 09:45:42 am »
Pumpkin Pie, That is lovely. I don't think we should save this for Christmas.
You have all inspired me to send hand written letters to everyone I can think of.
I want my family and friends to know I'm thinking of them.

Offline pumpkin pie

• View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: January 15, 2012, 10:28:07 am »
You know I also feel the same about texting, I would rather pick up the phone and talk to the person, ( which I have done many times, trying to reply to a text and getting frustrated) you can express yourself so much better, I think person to person, but it is all getting lost in technology.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: January 16, 2012, 05:29:45 am »
I still do the Christmas card/letter bit. Now both my parents are gone I send to all the Aunties etc and to friends. It helps make Christmas special. I honestly don't know when I received a hand written letter. My brother sends me postcards when he travels so that's a mini letter. We always send DD post cards when we travel from most places we stop at.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: January 16, 2012, 05:33:09 am »
I received a hand written letter last week from an elderly lady that used to be our neighbor when I was a teenager. She is so lovely :)
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #1664 on: January 16, 2012, 05:50:51 am »
My sister and I used to write to each other. We then moved on to computer written letters and now tend to email. We still phone each other regularly though.
I keep up with a lot of people via Facebook.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand