Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4478515 times)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #1620 on: January 11, 2012, 02:58:17 pm »
Why don't you turn the auto correct off Frozzie, I did.  :)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: January 11, 2012, 03:08:01 pm »
Thanks julieo...just did it but didnt look before as i thought it would be too complicated...that will teach me :)

Do you know if you can attach files on the ipad ie via email or facebook etc as i havent been able to??  Also is there any form of word or excel avail for ipad??
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: January 11, 2012, 03:16:15 pm »
That I can't help you with, haven't needed to do that sort of thing. I'm just using it for browsing etc, not actual working (use my laptop for that).    I think you can get a 'Pages' app which apparently is like Word docs.  :)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: January 11, 2012, 03:19:01 pm »
I normally dont either but other day was wanting to put some info in an excel doc and got stuck...have my laptop too but justed wanted to see if poss to do on ipad...will have to research it further ...

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #1624 on: January 11, 2012, 05:09:35 pm »
I got this "baggy rack"  and have been having lots of fun trying it out with various types of things, both dry and wet, using a canning funnel for the wet stuff and materials that tend to spill readily.

There are, of course, other ways to keep a baggie upright while filling and I think I have tried them all.  This works really well for me and as I love gadgets, it is just about perfect.  

The next two photos show how the "arms" extend to fit the different sized bags - the first is a quart bag, the second a gallon bag.

The arms fold down flat for storage.  The base has a rubber ring around the perimeter so it doesn't slip.  
Very handy
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 05:11:32 pm by andiesenji »
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: January 11, 2012, 06:34:47 pm »
That looks like a good idea, Andie.  Those bags can be such a hassle to close if anything gets into the closing area.  I assume that the arms can be pushed together for sealing and expelling excess air?
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #1626 on: January 11, 2012, 06:56:07 pm »
That looks like a good idea, Andie.  Those bags can be such a hassle to close if anything gets into the closing area.  I assume that the arms can be pushed together for sealing and expelling excess air?

No, you have to do the squeezing and zipping yourself but I have used this with a canning funnel for liquids and semi-liquids and fine powders and have had no problems in releasing the bag tops from the "arms" and zipping it closed. 

I haven't tried it with regular baggies without the zip - I don't have any on hand.  But I don't see why it wouldn't work just as well.
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: January 12, 2012, 08:58:47 am »
Apparently there are some really competitive online grocery sites being launched . . . .

Have a look at these!  saveonbrands boasts nothing over a dollar!!  Not sure how they do it . . but that's what they say . . .

www.saveonbrands.com.au

www.offyourtrolley.com.au

www.groceryrun.com.au     I think I remember someone trying this not too long ago and save a heck of a lot! - sorry . . memory not good!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 09:06:03 am by goldfish »

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: January 12, 2012, 10:04:13 am »
 For fresh fruit and vegetables try http://www.organicdelivered.com.au/   (delivers only in Sydney though)

and for organic fair trade flour, sugar, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, muesli (pretty much everything else)
http://www.goodness.com.au/store/   delivers Australia wide up to 20kg for $6.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: January 12, 2012, 10:49:57 am »
I picked up 2 x 100g packets of sliced smoked salmon for 99 cents each today - use by date 5 days down the track so a great buy for the freezer.  Also 300 ml containers of cream for 49 cents - handy seeing as I just received my ice-cream maker.  See cheap cream now and think ice-cream not butter ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: January 12, 2012, 11:01:37 am »
i got cream for 22 cents yesterday ;D without realising  it was lite  :(
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: January 12, 2012, 11:13:50 am »
i got cream for 22 cents yesterday ;D without realising  it was lite  :(

even lighter on the pocket lol  :D :D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: January 12, 2012, 01:35:25 pm »
Wow that is cheap jd...great find...here 100g of smoked salmon will set you back at least 2.50 to 3 euros and if close to ubd ie only a day or two o go you might get 30 percent off but thats it... Lucky you  :)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: January 12, 2012, 08:35:54 pm »
I normally dont either but other day was wanting to put some info in an excel doc and got stuck...have my laptop too but justed wanted to see if poss to do on ipad...will have to research it further ...

Hane you got Dropbox Frozzie? I have Quick Office  as well but have not used it yet. Just google what you need and you will get lots of help for specifics. Also there is sure to be someone on You Yube showing you "how to".

It is certainly possible to edit Excel on your  iPad with the right app. There will be an expert ou there to help.

Gretch

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: January 12, 2012, 08:58:26 pm »
Frozzie, both pages and numbers have apps which you can purchase. I have both but unless I'm really stuck I still prefer the laptop over the iPad for that sort of thing. The other app I use a lot is docs to go which allows you to read and edit all types of documents.