Author Topic: Keeping fit, staying strong  (Read 157030 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: Keeping fit, staying strong
« Reply #210 on: December 28, 2012, 03:19:34 am »
Not yet Wonder. Next tests scheduled for 7th Jan :(
I'm not getting back into the really intense exericse until I know what is happening :)

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 28, 2012, 03:22:07 am »
it is pilates for me with a few Zumba moves, have mat and roller but would like to get a fitball, sometimes we do a whole pilates class on the ball, i didnt realise you could do so much with it.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 28, 2012, 03:27:24 am »
Hope they get you sorted soon Amy.  :-*
:D

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 28, 2012, 03:28:49 am »
Thanks astarra :D :-*

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 28, 2012, 04:40:00 am »
Hopefully this lot of tests gives you an answer Amy, at least that way you know what's going on and you can work on getting well again. Good luck

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 28, 2012, 05:26:14 am »
Thank you Amy!
You motivated me to exercise instead of sleep! i just spent 15 minutes on my exercise bike and did approximately 4.5km...I'm a bit proud considering I've not used it in so long! Tomorrow I'm aiming to either increase m time or distance...I'll see what I feel like tomorrow. Thanks again and I hope your tests help you work out what's going on so you can get back into your own rhythm again xx
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 28, 2012, 05:56:02 am »
Thanks Jamberie, and good on you! Thats a great effort, well done :D :D :D
I bet you will sleep well tonight ;) And I can't wait to hear how you go tomorrow! ;D

Hopefully this lot of tests gives you an answer Amy, at least that way you know what's going on and you can work on getting well again. Good luck

Thanks Wonder :) I can see and feel that I've lost a lot of muscle, which is making be quite sad because I worked so hard for it. But I know it will be easier to get it back when I'm better than it was when I was first building it up, so that is some consolation ;)

Offline dhitri

• View Profile
    • Thermie Love
« Reply #217 on: December 28, 2012, 07:19:31 am »
TL the training plan looks great. This is probably a stupid question or I've misunderstood but if you are on week 16 now do you repeat the plan again for the build up to the marathon in March?

Hi Wonder, I just started the training, week 16 is actually weeks 1 (I am counting backwards to race day, just like what it says on the plan). But yoi're right, it's easier to say Week 1.

5k done and dusted this morning - did ut on my own (without pram), thereby didn't have to deal with any toddler tantrums! I have actually raced pushing the pram before (4k and 6k fun runs), and more effort have gone into keeping miss 2 happy than into the running. Pram is very light yet sturdy; it's designed specifically for running. This is how it looks like:

I am the one with the short hair and purple jacket. This was a few months ago at a local fun run.

Actually, just realized that I was supposed to do 8k today. The 5k is for tomorrow *slaps forehead*.

I also wanted to share this running-themed inspiration board for 2013 that I had just made this morning out of magazine scraps. It started out as a craft project for Miss 2, but she quickly lost interest... So I kinda took over and made this for me instead. It is now hanging over the bathroom mirror! I am pretty proud of this as I am not a crafty person... Hope this will keep me motivated in the next 16 weeks.

Sorry for the novel!

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 28, 2012, 07:32:18 am »
That is very inspiring thermielove, I love doing motivation boards or scrapbooking, I think I will try something similar to get myself to exercise, eat better, thank you for sharing that  :)

mcmich

« Reply #219 on: December 28, 2012, 08:48:48 am »
That is one impressive stroller TL. Love the board.  :)

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 28, 2012, 08:50:03 am »
Thanks for sharing Thermielove, all  the best with your fitness goals for 2013.

Offline Dublin Girl in Oz

• View Profile
Re: Re: Keeping fit, staying strong
« Reply #221 on: December 28, 2012, 09:28:07 am »
My exercise in the next few weeks is getting back on my feet after hip replacement on Jan 2nd - I really want to then get fit and walk lots when I'm fully recovered - maybe I'll start walking fun runs! My running days are over and out!
Sylvia - Melbourne

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 28, 2012, 10:19:48 am »
Hi Dublin Girl I diont think I have chatted to you yet  all the best for recover from THR how long ago did you have it?

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 28, 2012, 10:20:34 am »
sorry havnt got the right glasses on, I didn't see the date, all the very best with the op!

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 28, 2012, 08:42:49 pm »
TL that board is a great idea and I'm sure it will keep you motivated.  At least it's early days to mess up your distance.

Dublin Girl , all the best r the hip replacement.