Author Topic: tupperware insulated bowls  (Read 10429 times)

Offline pandateddy

• View Profile
tupperware insulated bowls
« on: April 22, 2011, 10:42:00 am »
I noticed that tupperware has insulated food servers/ dishes.  Has anyone used these? I wondered if they would be able to be used like the the thermomix insulated bowl.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
Re: tupperware insulated bowls
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 10:53:56 am »
I just hade a look at the catalogue, wow sure has changed.i think I will have a party.
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 12:44:42 pm »
I haven't tried them. The only issue I'd have is that they're plastic and won't be as good as keeping something warm in a SS container.
I wish TMX would make a SS lid for the Thermoserver.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 01:44:52 pm »
I agree MJ - why not the SS lid?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 01:59:28 pm »
I am guessing because a ss lid would get too hot to touch.
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Renlor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 02:01:12 pm »
I was a tupperware manager for a couple of years...and while I absolutely LOVE the product and the lifetime warranty, they are not as good as the thermoserver for retaining heat, as they are plastic and not stainless.  They do come in a larger size which is handy...I use them alot to keep BBQ meat etc warm while I whip up a salad...but if you are after something that keeps stuff warmer for longer, then I think the thermoserver is your best bet ;)

Offline Renlor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 02:03:28 pm »
another benefit that the insulated server has, is that it can be utilised as two bowls....as one bowl nests inside the other to create the insulation.

Offline jaclom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 10:19:17 am »
I use the Ikea insulated bowl.  Has a ceramic lid with a 'groove' for the spoon to fit and stainless steel bowl.  24.95 in kitchen section with an insulated gravy jug to match  ;)

Offline the_vermins

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 03:02:33 pm »
I used to sell TW too.  DIdn't really think much of the insulated bowls.  Thought they were overpriced for what they were.

Not sure what I'd buy instead of, but hey.  Wouldn't waste my money on them.
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Offline Renlor

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 11:58:53 pm »
Sounds like the ones from Ikea are the go  ;)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 07:43:29 am »
Ikea ones do sound good.

If the thermoserver had a SS lid, it could have a bakelite around the edge for ease of removal without burning fingers.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2011, 08:26:06 am »
I havé two of thé Tupperware insulated bowls and they work well and yes one bowl fits inside thé other.... I havé never had a problem with them and you can lengthen thé heat keeping by putting hot water between thé two bowl layers... Its made for it and as much as im not a plastic fan.. TW are not your standard plastics ...i know what im talking about and nô never worked in sales or that side of it but havé a close connection with thé 'other' side.  It basically comes down to personal choice in thé end.  I cant comment on thé thermoserver as it being an aussie item and me living on thé otherside of thé world. How long does it keep food warm for?? Thé TW bowls (dont know thé name in english) also keep food cool.   I havé uses themwhike cooking another part of thé meal and it was still hot.... Normally it can keep food warm for an hour and a half but never testes that long as i dont like food sitting around but everytime thé food has been hot when serving....voila but like i said comes down to personal choice ... And métal just like plastics come in varying qualifies so be careful what your buying nô matter what it is.  :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2011, 10:21:06 am »
Frozzie the thermoserver keeps food hot and cold for several hours. There are many different ones around I just purchased one with a locking lid from my local kitchen shop which holds double the amount of the thermoserver. It is just personal preference