Author Topic: Not-So-Naughty Chocolate Orange Dessert  (Read 10803 times)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Not-So-Naughty Chocolate Orange Dessert
« on: June 03, 2010, 07:09:16 pm »
Not-So-Naughty Chocolate dessert
Serves 4
200g silken tofu (silken is important)
1 large( or 2 small) oranges, peel discarded, cut into quarters
200g plain chocolate, minimum 50% cocoa solids, broken into 1cm pieces
1 tbsp Cointreau or Grand Marnier or Brandy or Rum ( optional)

1.Blend tofu and orange pieces 1 minute/speed 10.
2.Add chocolate and alcohol (if using).Heat 3 minutes/60oC/speed 6. Pour into individual ramekins or a large serving bowl and chill in the fridge.Serve as is or decorate with Terry's chocolate orange segments, or fresh fruit such as orange segments or kiwi fruit, or Orange Matchsticks, whipped cream, fromage frais, or grated chocolate.( I think it would look good made in a ring mould with fresh orange segments in the centre)

It tasted great.I think I could even fool my DH to like it.

Sorry no photos ( I still have to take that evolutionary step !!!!)

This is originally from Zoe McAndry via Janie Turner UK Thermomix

members' comments
JD - Have never eaten tofu in my life so it was a big step for me.  In hindsight I think I should have used milk chocolate and not dark chocolate as it was quite rich and the flavour of the orange didn't come through although I could certainly taste the cointreau. Besides that I really don't like dark chocolate so why I keep using it is beyond me.  I made 6 little pots as it is very rich but the flavour does grow on you after a few spoonsful.

Denzelmum - Tried this with Aldy's milk chocolate and no alcohol.  Put in little baby ramekin.  Next time I will cut the amount of orange, too dominant and maybe better quality chocolate will improve the flavor.  Very quick and easy.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 01:06:11 pm by judydawn »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Naughty Chocolate Orange Dessert
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 01:07:25 pm »
Made this today Cornish Cream.  Have never eaten tofu in my life so it was a big step for me.  In hindsight I think I should have used milk chocolate and not dark chocolate as it was quite rich and the flavour of the orange didn't come through although I could certainly taste the cointreau. Besides that I really don't like dark chocolate so why I keep using it is beyond me.  I made 6 little pots as it is very rich but the flavour does grow on you after a few spoonsful.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 07:13:58 pm »
Glad you tried it jd.I agree with you it is rich in flavour and it would be interesting to use milk chocolate.I'm not into tofu either but it's good to try other foods in the TM.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 03:43:18 am »
Great work Cornish Cream.  I am sure MrsT will love this.  She says that she doesn't like silken tofu, but she says that she doesn't like ricotta, and I made almost the same with chocolate and orange mixed with ricotta. She loved it, until I told her that there was ricotta in the mix.

She said that I treat her like a child - hiding vegies etc in her meals.  I'll have to do it one day when she's not home and present it in glasses like JD (good work).  Can't wait - I'm evil !!!!!!
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 04:34:02 am »
She said that I treat her like a child - hiding vegies etc in her meals.  I'll have to do it one day when she's not home and present it in glasses like JD (good work).  Can't wait - I'm evil !!!!!!

ROFL
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 04:02:34 pm »

ROFL I have to do the same here and it isn't just for the kids. I have been making a dish for ages and everyone commented on the meat that I used - they only found out the other day because they were all home (sick and exams etc) when I made it that I have been using Kangaroo meat lol - and they all thought they hated it  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 08:21:07 am »
ignorance is bliss - so they say! Bear Grylls stomach being the only exception as that man can eat absolutely anything without another thought
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 01:18:28 pm »
I keep trying to hide things in recipes as well Thermomixer for my DH, with limited success.Tried to pull a fast one with Chicken In Yogurt and DH hated it.Thanks for the tip about using ricotta,probably get that passed him rather than the tofu.

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 01:30:12 am »
Tried this with Aldy's milk chocolate and no alcohol.  Put in little baby ramekin.  Next time I will cut the amount of orange, too dominant and maybe better quality chocolate will improve the flavor.  Very quick and easy.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 11:52:13 am by Denzelmum »
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 08:15:11 am »
This recipe looks awesome! It's true that a lot of what we choose to eat is psychological. If we could get over the Yuk! Factor, quoting my kids at times, then we would be eating a lot more variety in our diet, and be more like our ancestors, who used basically every part of an animal as food etc. I know my kids wouldnt eat tofu if you put out a  plate of it in front of them but, in a stir fry, no issues. :-\ :-\  ??? ???
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein