Author Topic: Microwave/convection/Steam Ovens....Long  (Read 7333 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Microwave/convection/Steam Ovens....Long
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2014, 11:40:12 am »
No need thanks Robyn. I was just wondering what brand. I thought mine was a Sharp but just checked and it is a Panasonic. We have a Sharp in the caravan.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2014, 09:14:04 pm »
cookie  mine is a Sharp convention oven  R80A0-S ;D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2014, 05:50:06 am »
I have a steam microwave grill by Sharp. I only use the microwave, find the steam a bit messy, it's very wet! And to be hones forget it's got a grill! I love my air fryer for grilling.
Denise

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2014, 09:53:36 am »
Bedlam, I use my air fryer alot too. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Deeau

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2014, 11:59:07 pm »
Back again, after a week without an oven  I found out that the old one was  not repairable. I then had the difficult decision of what to buy. A bit of research and a trip to Harvey Norman I decided on the little Breville Smart Oven suggested by Elsie, when I got the the big chain store ( 60km drive each way ) I took a few of my regular dishes/baking trays  that I use to see if they actually fit ( It is alot smaller than my old one so I knew some had no chance )
 When I was actually in the store I was quite taken by the model Emme posted, the difference in size was minimal and my last one was Panasonic it lasted 15 years. After a bit of " oh no which one " I chose the Breville. After getting it home plugged it in and got ready for use, I started the TM with a few of my basics, cookies, bimby cake , garlic bread etc etc.
My first impression was massive disappointment and that I had made the wrong decision the cookies cooked unevenly and I could only do one tray at a time, but after a day  of cooking I think I really like it, my husband made me a 2nd rack so I can now do 2 level cookies and it is faster than my old microwave/convection. I am sure there will be some things that it is not good for but with a old regular gas oven, a turbo oven a webber Q and and an Air fryer ( Isn't that ridiculous when you write it down ! ) I am sure that it will be great, One thing that I really love about it is that it is able to be used as a warming rack on top while operating which seems to be a great place ( with a rack on top ) for proofing bread.
Thanks for your input, never would have considered the Little breville other than its suggestion on this list.

Offline ElsieD

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2014, 05:09:36 pm »
Deeau, I think you will come to love the Breville.  As mentioned, I use mine all the time and seldom use my big oven.  The one thing it does not do very well is toast as I find it dries the bread out.  When baking, particularly cookies, I usually rotate the trays but that is something I do in my big oven too.  How did your husband make a second rack?  That sounds rather useful.