Author Topic: What's for Dinner Tonight?  (Read 5207816 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: What's for Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #3255 on: June 04, 2012, 09:35:16 am »
Beer Assed Chicken

Take a can of beer , open it, drink half.  Put some herbs in can. Wash and dry chicken shove the beer can up it's bum. Place on a tray or something that will collect  the liquid . Put the whole thing on the BBQ . use indirect heat ie: not over a burner but leave one burner  on  so heat circulates around bird. Close lid. Turn chook   45 degrees every  15minutes until done in about I hour. You can do multiple cooks in a baking dish. Never fail. Looks impressive no need to baste but if you want to you can. Fat plump moist  chicken.

OR you can google it.

Gert

Did you write that? It sounds like the kind of thing a bloke would write... :-))

I am a bloke.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: June 04, 2012, 10:08:14 am »
pasta and zucchini and some leftover pizza loaf
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: June 04, 2012, 10:10:04 am »
Yummy, great photos Uni.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: June 04, 2012, 10:11:25 am »
Beer Assed Chicken

Take a can of beer , open it, drink half.  Put some herbs in can. Wash and dry chicken shove the beer can up it's bum. Place on a tray or something that will collect  the liquid . Put the whole thing on the BBQ . use indirect heat ie: not over a burner but leave one burner  on  so heat circulates around bird. Close lid. Turn chook   45 degrees every  15minutes until done in about I hour. You can do multiple cooks in a baking dish. Never fail. Looks impressive no need to baste but if you want to you can. Fat plump moist  chicken.

OR you can google it.

Gert

Did you write that? It sounds like the kind of thing a bloke would write... :-))

I am a bloke.

Gert

Well, yeah, obviously :-))

Looks really yummy Uni :D Especially the pizza loaf... yum!

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: June 04, 2012, 01:02:48 pm »
Tonight I made five spice pork with rice and vegetableshttp://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=5633.0. Unfortunately, when I was putting the "varoma" on the TC, I broke the spring clip on the bowl.
My son found it a little too spicy, and my daughter thought the meat was a little tough ( she is used to meat in the PC!). I thought it was nice.
I also chopped veges in the TC first and made pea and ham soup in the PC for dinner tomorrow.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: June 05, 2012, 04:54:19 am »
I'm very excited that it is not even lunch time and I already have dinner ready! :D
I stripped the leftover meat off Mr Chicken's carcass (oh, that sounds very cannibalistic... :-[), cooked some pasta, steamed some vegies and made cheesy bechamel sauce in TM. I mixed it all together, poured it into a casserole dish and it is now cooling down on the kitchen bench. In a minute I will put it in the fridge ready to be sprinkled with cheese and warmed up in the oven tonight. Easy peasy!! :D

Added bonus = leftovers for lunches!!! ;)

jakodai

« Reply #3261 on: June 05, 2012, 05:02:46 am »
That sounds beautiful Amy. Don't forget the pictures... :-)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: June 05, 2012, 05:30:05 am »
Amy you are getting so organised.

well done.
Tonight is fish mornay with veges and chips.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

• View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: June 05, 2012, 05:35:34 am »
Thanks Amanda and Robyn :D :D

That sounds beautiful Amy. Don't forget the pictures... :-)

;D
Okay Amanda, you've talked me into it... ;)

I took these photos just now. This is the slightly smaller of the two dishes. I thought I better split it into two dishes because I wasn't sure how many times it should be heated up. So one will be baked tonight, and the other will be left in the fridge for lunch tomorrow :)

I will post another photo tonight after I bake it and it is covered in melty cheese and all brown and yummy on top ;D

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: June 05, 2012, 05:57:27 am »
Looks good Amy!

Dinner tonight ... same as last night.  :-[ Left overs. Have frozen the rest apart from tonights lot, so we won't be eating left over pork roast all week!!

DH tried out TM last night...!!!! Whizzed and heated some of the leftovers up for miss 16mths, (usually only has it chopped up but is teething so not very interested in chewing right now!) - then he came to me (I was in the bath) and told me that the TM was awesome!!!!!!!!  ;D LOL!!!
:D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: June 05, 2012, 06:06:12 am »
Amy, looks good. I like easy dishes like that.

Robyn :)

[/url

Offline Thermo Mrs

• View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: June 05, 2012, 06:14:19 am »
That looks great Amy!

I just realised that I forgot to put an onion in with my vegie stock this morning, do you think it will be ok or maybe a bit bland? Oopsies.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: June 05, 2012, 06:20:51 am »
she'll be right with no onion  :-)) just add some onion powder to it if u have any
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

jakodai

« Reply #3268 on: June 05, 2012, 06:27:29 am »
Very nice Amy!

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: June 05, 2012, 06:31:37 am »

I am a bloke.

Gert
[/quote]

LOL Gert...love your new pic.....I can see you now  :)

Tonight will be Gigantic Tbones with mushroom sauce, duchess potatoes, and some steamed veg.
.........EAT CAKE!